Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: New curfew hours July 27-Aug 10

User Info Menu

New curfew hours July 27-Aug 10

Name:  Screenshot_20210727-054157__01.jpg
Views: 1004
Size:  211.6 KB

User Info Menu

Re: New curfew hours July 27-Aug 10

Lisa can you comment on resort beach access after curfew time because i understand that beaches close at 4pm but i wasn't sure if that included the beach in front of the resort- for example idle awhile. also I'm guessing we won't be able to walk from one resort to another on the beach after this time? And I'm also guessing that all hotel facilities would need to close down an hour or so before the 8pm curfew? I'm sad for the businesses that these new restrictions will impact. I understand they are revisiting these on August 10th, but I'm not confident that they will change. Thx, BA

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BethAnn38 View Post
    Lisa can you comment on resort beach access after curfew time because i understand that beaches close at 4pm but i wasn't sure if that included the beach in front of the resort- for example idle awhile. also I'm guessing we won't be able to walk from one resort to another on the beach after this time? And I'm also guessing that all hotel facilities would need to close down an hour or so before the 8pm curfew? I'm sad for the businesses that these new restrictions will impact. I understand they are revisiting these on August 10th, but I'm not confident that they will change. Thx, BA
    BA,

From what has been the prior experience with the beach curfews, these apply to non-managed or public beaches - not to hotel/resort beaches. So you would be able to use the beach in front of your property as well as walk to other properties to have dinner or drinks until the daily curfew time. At curfew time you must be on your own property.

Most hotels have gotten used to the curfew situation and have notes given to their workers which allow them to be out after curfew as long as they are going home. But it wise to expect every business to close about an hour before curfew to allow their employees time to get home.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Well lucky for us our partying days are over lol. Plus with the kids this isn't a biggie for us, but just needed some clarity. We have a full kitchen so we'll plan on stocking up and hanging out on our porch. Thanks Rob!