Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy to be here

User Info Menu

Happy to be here

ol’yardie here. We’ve been here at LTU nearly two weeks now and feel very lucky. Who knew the all day rain we had last week would cross the gulf, smash into New Orleans as hurricane Ida and push the huge oak in our back yard over onto our roof? Our neighbor sent pictures and the roof leaks only trashed the kitchen. Because we’re here we were able to file insurance claim and crew will remove said tree and tarp our roof as soon as it is possible. New Orleans has no power at all and airport is still closed. Not sure when we’ll be able to
    head home but i’m good staying here for a while. NOLA mayor said if you left, don’t come back. Good advice from the photos I’ve seen.
    On a more positive note...Rob it was good to talk to you at length last week at the bar before all of this horridness. Another pull up Wed. tomorrow at LTU.

User Info Menu

Re: Happy to be here

Ol'yardie...so sorry to hear about your home & everyone impacted by Ida...heartbreaking!
    Happy to know you're safe here in Negril!

User Info Menu

Home's can be fixed or rebuilt. A human life lost can not. Glad you were safe at LTU. Enjoy the extra time on your reach.
    Johio

User Info Menu

Thanks Lisa and Johio. We’re good but i feel so sad about our grand little city of nola.

User Info Menu

ole'yardi, i'm so very sorry you have to go through that. New Orleans just can't get a break can it? Missed you the other week at LTU but hopefully next time we can have that rum punch together. It was great hanging with Rob and Jomo. Even got some time away from the little ones lol. Be well mi fren.

User Info Menu

Sorry about the house but your health is so much more important. I hope you were relaxed, sipping a Red Stripe as you filed your insurance claim (Another Jamaican example of 'Don't worry... Be happy!!!')

User Info Menu

Glad you were safe in Negril! You have insurance, so it's all good. Just imagine the beautiful new kitchen, maybe with a new skylight!

User Info Menu

It was a blessing that you were in Negril when the hurricane hit. You are safe and houses can be fixed.
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

I am so glad to hear you are in your happy place and safe from everything back home. Good Luck getting everything put back together.

User Info Menu

Glad you’re ok. Hope everything works out well for you!
    Don't waste your time with explanations, people only hear what they want to hear.