Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 90 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast

Thread: TiCtOc pon di rock LIVE AND DIRECT **TRIP REPORT** On a Zero budget.

User Info Menu

OMG... you are a riot! I hope one day we will be in Negril at the same time.

I can't believe your tanning place lets you tan 2X in one day. I usually start a week before my Negril trips. I also usually start at 6 minutes... still get red. YOu are brave to do 2 tans in a day. I don't know if I'd chance that even if they let me. Never tried a spray tan. I'd be worried about streaking, too.

Size zeros in Negril. LOL. The only ones I've seen are 12-16 years old. I can give them a challenge w/ my size 2-4 but I have to work my tail off & watch everything I put in my mouth to maintain it. 6 miles a day on the treadmill these days (start & finish are walking). Couldn't do it if I was still working.

Glad to see you got the resizer to work for you.

I have 3 words for you... You go girl! Have a great time. It sounds like you certainly will.

User Info Menu

LOL tic - you crack me up! those are some really high heeled shoes!

Can't wait to read more of your on site trip report!!

You got Rob a musical reindeer tie for him to wear around his head like a ramblo-style bandana?..lol!! I couldn't stop laughing when I read that. I'm sure he's going to love it!

Take LOTS of pictures!
    and have an AMAZING time!!
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Yvonne why did I think you would be there? You got anything booked?
    Clarity Robs been living down there for years bet he has seen it all!
    I hope he gets a pic wearing it!

User Info Menu

TicToc... Wishful thinking? LOL. If I go in Dec, it's been after Xmas. My usual time is long time in summer. I'm going back in Feb. now that I'm retired. Never been there then... pricey!

If I was going to be there, I'd be at your party on 12/5.

Maybe another time. Obviously, we'll both keep going back.

I'm looking forward to more of your reports.

User Info Menu

I remember you were saying you were there Yvonne wow time really flies

I have just realised tomorrow I will have to cover my face with a flannel if I go on the sunbed because if I burn my eyelids that would make gluing on the false eyelashes difficult

User Info Menu

I would kill myself in those heels..........especially in jamaica!!!!. Take pics of all the places you and your pretty black shoes go........AND just have fun!!

User Info Menu

Hooray Miss Tic Toc......just got in from Canoe (best rum punches EVER lol) and I am laughing so hard my face hurts gyal. OMG. You sound like BIG FUN. Do those underpants say "Winning"? LMAO.

Got your message and lets definately get together - just not sure which day but I will give you my phone number at Seastar on the 5th and we can work out a day. I can't wait to meet the WHOOLE family!!!! Smiling and shakin my head!!!! Much love ooman
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

OMG, I can soooo relate! One year I didn't have enough time to do the tanning bed thing because it takes me WEEKS to get any color so I did the spray tan....NEVER AGAIN! My legs looked like streaky Oompa Loompa's! I was embarrassed to even show them. I went and got the month tan thing yesterday so I have 4 weeks to try and get some color...I'm pretty close to albino at this point. And the waxing...yup did that one year too...and went with the brazilian...YIKES! OH OH, and even funnier I also just bought a at home highlight kit tonight because it was going to cost $180 to get it done at the salon so cheers to us! Hopefully we both don't end up with dreadful hair!!!

Now...let's have a chat about those heels. GOOD GOD! Those should come with a danger warning on them. But I bet they look great on though! I am too prone to injury so I just bring flat sandals with me....I wish I could rock some 6 inch heels without killing myself though! lol.

Have a safe trip and see you in a few weeks!!!!
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

User Info Menu

Tic You are hillarious! Those shoes are taller than me!!! yes, yes the towel thing works as covering the evidence.... You have a safe trip girl friend..ill see you when you get here...my internet is hit and miss..but im trying..

User Info Menu

sweetness rastagal and patty my laydeez see you all THAT side of the screen see what mischief we can cause
    Hateswinter- me too winter needs to be banned I think we should all hibernate in Jamaica every winter ALL winter

WELL GUESS WHAT GUYS AND GIRLS?
    IT'S TODAY IT'S TODAY

Today is my final day here at home, I get to jump on my suitcase to squeeze it shut I get to be woken up at an insanely ridiculous hour by my minibus driver
    The plan is
    I get my things into the minibus CORRECTION I tell a lie.
    I am not a morning person (especially at that time.)
    Someone other than me will drag all the suitcases around and pile them into the minibus.
    I like to just stumble around at that time in silence.
    I do not like to speak at that time of the morning.
    Everything has been planned to the last detail so as long as we are in the correct place at the correct time I hope I get at least an hour to wake up and come round before the MUM MUM MUM starts.

I have defrosted my big chest freezer.It has never been empty since the day I had it.
    It looks odd but it will be nice and clean ready for a re-fill when I get home.
    All my bills have gone in the bin which is where I think bills should live!
    I am currently living by the motto
    "Will anyone get hurt if I do this?
    Will anyone die if I do this?"
    If the answer is no then sometimes I may do this!

Like I had all the bills in my hand and my money in the other and decisions had to be made.
    Jamaica/bills Jamaica/bills
    shall I put them in the bin?
    can they survive 6 weeks?
    will anyone get hurt if I do that? Will anyone die?
    No? okay in the bin they go, Jamaica won (it always does)

They will all get paid on my return I do not think 6 weeks will injure anything.

Some people would say thats reckless I call it working with what you have.
    Some people would say if you can not afford to go then why go?
    Well why not?
    I think if I am going to be broke I might aswell do it some place I love with nice scenery and weather.There is an ocean full of fish to catch as a last resort.
    You sometimes have to live for the here and now not sit at home waiting for "one day" to happen and fall into your lap.
    You have to go and grab it while you can because "one day" may never happen.So make it work with what you have and just hope that "one day" better must come.

I have spent everything I had on my many trips to Jamaica in hindsight I could have bought a piece of land by now with that money and had a small modest house built but if I had done that I would not have enjoyed all of my trips there.I could not buy land and build AND have my trips there.
    And if I would have saved all them years to buy and build what if I got run down by a bus in the meantime?

I would have had no land no house and no holidays.

So I chose the holidays and if "one day" comes for me then I might buy something down there "one day"

My father has fell in love with a place in Treasure beach.It is a place that we can all live together but he has his own little seperate property on the same piece of large land.It is on the ocean and he loves it and has even re designed the layout of it .That is HIS "one day" and I hope we make it true for him.

Today is one day my father is supposed to be packing to come with us.
    He had some health issues and he lost 2 of his brothers recently so we wanted him to come and relax for the winter in Jamaica with us.We had it all worked out.
    He was getting his place for almost free all he needed was food money.(Imagine a free trip to Jamaica I would not say no)

He was all booked and excited then someone told him we had to travel from a different airport BEFORE I had chance to tell him.

I knew he would panic over that and that is why I was waiting but a little mz BIG MOUTH went and poked her nose in and started him worrying.
    I wouldn't mind but the person who told him never sets foot out of her front yard and she will not be visiting him while I am away .So she has done nobody any favours- Busybody.
    So he really panicked as he said he went to the City we have to fly from as a teenager and it was absolute chaos.

I was like "Dad things change in 40 yrs"

I said I would get a wheelchair and extra assistance and extra legroom seat or whatever he wanted or we could go down the night before and I would book him a really nice hotel room with spa where he could relax before the next days flight but NO

Mz busybody had poked her nose in well and truly and he just would not budge.He asked me to cancel him off the booking.

He said he did not want to travel all the way to the airport and he could not manage the long flight at the moment.He said when he comes next time he would like to come for good.Not long flights there then have to come home again.

He has been to Jamaica with us before a couple of times.He has never seen the parts I wanted to show him though or done anything I tell him about as it has always been rainy season so I really want him to return so we can do all the things I keep talking to him about.
    Hope I get to get him a little place "one day"
    We all see my father every day and make sure he has eaten properly or had medications which sometimes he says he has "forgot" to take.

So it was very worrying that he said he was not coming as we had 6 weeks booked.6 weeks I thought he would be with us enjoying the weather and relaxing.His health is excellent in Jamaica nobody would believe he had any illness at all.

It really does him the world of good.

My flights which cost $5000 (american ) flight only were non transferable and non refundable and that was in a sale they have gone up higher now.
    If I cancelled I would not get any of my money back at all.
    So he has decided to stay and I have asked my brother and my mother to help make sure he has someone around for him.

I know I will worry about him and I am really upset that he has chosen not to come and I cannot tell you what I think of Little mz busybody.
    My father has spent every single christmas with all of my children and he always makes it special we love christmas so it will be quite upsetting to not have him with us this christmas.

My grandmother died recently and one of the reasons I wanted to be away at christmas was because I could not bear to make all of the arrangements knowing she would not be here and she had gone.
    But now my Dad will not be with us too.

I hope he will be alright. He is crazy for wanting to stay. There is nothing here , he will probably get snowed in. It will be freezing and we will all miss him.
    I know Jamaica is a long way but we would have done everything possible to make it an easier journey for him.

Now he is not coming we are just travelling the cheap and easy way which I will post some pictures of soon!
    I got sidetracked here I was telling you my plan to get to the airport

1 - Minibus @ 4am to town centre train station 45 mins
    wait for 30 minutes
    2 - train for 2 hrs 30 mins
    3 - switch trains 30 mins
    4 - switch trains again 45 minutes
    5 - arrive at airport wait about 2 hrs 30 minutes and then we are off.
    6 - 10 hour flight which is painful I hate the long journey but I have lots of study books to be reading and learning from and my children also haveheaps of school work that they have to complete so the plane ride will come in handy for that.
    But guess what you have not heard the funny part after all that travel I think the plane flies back to where I started from to pick up more passengers LOL.
    When I first booked that was not an option and when it became an option it was a lot higher priced and my flights were non transferrable.
    I think it is coming back to my local airport before heading to Jamaica
    ONLY TICTOC would do all that travel just to end up where she started LOL
    and I would only ever do this INSANITY trip for Jamaica MY LOVE!

My brother mentioned something about comin by my house later today I think his plan was to have a bit of a farewell together but I think his plan may include alcohol so I was thinking getting up at 3am for my long trip with a hangover may NOT be the way forward and I still need someone to highlight my hair and it looks like he may be my only option LOL shhh he does not know yet, so a drunken young man who is nothing like a hairdresser highlighting my hair is not one of the best ideas I have ever had but like I always say
    You gotz 2 work with what you got
    If you get handed lemons make lemonade
    (do not forget to add rum!)
    I will take photos if he agrees to do it
    Last edited by TiCtOc; 12-02-2011 at 04:30 AM.