Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 51 of 90 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661 ... LastLast

Thread: TiCtOc pon di rock LIVE AND DIRECT **TRIP REPORT** On a Zero budget.

User Info Menu

Wow I don't half ramble on!
    It is too perfect here for this to be my last week I just do not ever want to leave.I know for a fact I would stay on it is just my kids schooling is of major importance and priority to me .Finishing their education comes before my wild dreams I guess just as in most mothers cases , The good thing is though once they finish I am still young enough to fork out a career anywhere in the world I wish to go I did it I raised them got them through highschool it is almost all over.They will attend college and travel soon themselves, one is going to work on a caribbean cruise ship, free gourmet food and drinks, money in the bank free rent bed and board free maid and someone to wash and dry clothes.Gorgeous scenery and seeing gorgeous countries.Damn I need to go supervise that child and become a stowaway perhaps.
    They will start their travels young with no responsibilities no children no ties.And I will back them every single step of the way.
    The other daughter is becoming a teacher which is a 7 year study thing but perhaps she can do at least a year of that training over here in Jamaica so we are not tied to home for another 7 years.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Since you were having troubles this week, I wondered why the country stay might not have been a better idea for this week, until you had more funds to enjoy your final time in Negril. I thought the country visit would be less stressful than what you have been dealing with...and a good time to chill before New Years.

JMHO that is all....

User Info Menu

Tic, I have lived and worked in the Caribbean ( Grand Cayman) and its not all its cracked up to be. Also just so your daughter knows, cruise ship work is VERY HARD. Long days, 16-18 hours, and one half day off at the same island every week. Could be the Private Island of the cruise line which is basically nothing, just a spit of land that they buy and take the guests to for a day. The other half day is when you dock back at port, Miami, Ft Lauderdale, etc. Its tough work, and you have to be 21 years old.

User Info Menu

Going to country would have meant cancelling my travellers party and I never cancel on a plan and never go back on my word
    Lady Jane from UK they get them jobs now from 18 years old.Also qualified for tour rep and cabin crew from that age.They have fully researched it it is totally her thing just for one year until she returns for university.Travelling the world with no ties? why not.
    My money is good now and we are all sat on the beach in the sun having a lovely time.

User Info Menu

Tic Toc is back on her game...Love it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Jane View Post
    Tic, I have lived and worked in the Caribbean ( Grand Cayman) and its not all its cracked up to be. Also just so your daughter knows, cruise ship work is VERY HARD. Long days, 16-18 hours, and one half day off at the same island every week. Could be the Private Island of the cruise line which is basically nothing, just a spit of land that they buy and take the guests to for a day. The other half day is when you dock back at port, Miami, Ft Lauderdale, etc. Its tough work, and you have to be 21 years old.

Without going into detail I can tell you for certain that cruise ships are nautical sweat shops. Even for the officers! I turned down offers to Master cruise ships several times.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

I am learning so much just reading this thread......................enjoy your last week....you know what's waiting for you when you get back...........the BILLS!!!! LOL

User Info Menu

Cool

Fulljoy the country and the family. Lots of fun to be had at the local rum shops. Just order a Q/Quarter bottle of rum and a couple of pepsi's and it will work out way cheaper. You could ask to play your own CDs. Can be purchased for approx. 200/300 JMD from a CD/DVD man.
    You can also buy some very good stage show recordings or comedy Jamaican plays that might be played on request. LOL
    Have a Happy New Year.
    One love
    B
    Last edited by Sheba; 12-28-2011 at 02:39 PM.

User Info Menu

Not sure how you got your money but the line at Western Union this morning was ridiculous...they were actually giving out numbers.

Glad you are funded but you should know that you were stressing about money while you were on vacation - its a lot worse living here. Work permits cost in excess of 100,000JMD - and you can only get one if you can prove you can do a job that a Jamaican cannot. Then...living IN Negril is spendy. Food costs this year from last are at least 25% more. Current is off the hook and water service/sewer rates just went up.

Then there's the medical situation.....

We all want to live in our vacation spot...do what we do on vacation day to day....those that have tried have either quickly changed their ways or have gone home penniless. But I do know nuff people "making it" here and loving the SIMPLE life they live day to day.

Enjoy the rest of your stay!

User Info Menu

Hey Hun...I been reading your report. LOVE your pics and your family is beautiful!! Don't know how you managaging on a low to zero budget with a family but I would been in tears by now and probably on my way back home.

Smooches
    Luvs aka Fluffygyal
    http://www.TickerFactory.com/]