Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 85 of 90 FirstFirst ... 35758081828384858687888990 LastLast

Thread: TiCtOc pon di rock LIVE AND DIRECT **TRIP REPORT** On a Zero budget.

User Info Menu

Re: TiCtOc pon di rock LIVE AND DIRECT **TRIP REPORT** On a Zero budget.

Hi TicToc, I don't know you so I erred on the side of caution. I believe you took my post wrongly, it's pretty clear that I was supporting you by writing that your posts were written in "Satire". Satire = Entertainment to be enjoyed by others.

My apologies if I struck a chord.

User Info Menu

it's okay, I just wrote as it was happening, no editing, no dramatic for effect entertainment.., no neglection of a nearly 50 year old man,just wrote as I saw
    Last edited by TiCtOc; 05-21-2013 at 06:49 PM.

User Info Menu

Hi Tic Toc, I love your style of writing and the way you and your family vacation. I am looking forward to your trip report as I did the last. I like the way you deal with some of the negative responses you get from unapproving,envious, judgmental posters who read your reports as well. Your reports are truly entertaining and I am waiting for you to write a book so that you really will not have to be on an zero budget. I am sure you will have plenty of people who will purchase your book on the Negril Message Board. So let the hater's hate because your style of living and writing, I truly rate.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
    Hi Tic Toc, I love your style of writing and the way you and your family vacation. I am looking forward to your trip report as I did the last. I like the way you deal with some of the negative responses you get from unapproving,envious, judgmental posters who read your reports as well. Your reports are truly entertaining and I am waiting for you to write a book so that you really will not have to be on an zero budget. I am sure you will have plenty of people who will purchase your book on the Negril Message Board. So let the hater's hate because your style of living and writing, I truly rate.

"my sentiments exactly" ha
    Well Thank you Butterfly this was a real lovely refreshing post to wake up to.
    It is very early in the morning here on the rock and I have an online exam to complete today which will take up most of my day so I thought I would have a quick check of the board and I found your post so that has put me in a good mood for my exam and prompted me to start reporting again later today,
    I am writing a book, writing TWO actually, there will be a third, but I am NO writer as you can see,

They have no big words are not edited but there are some that like the raw real style, just scribbling down things as they happen, random thoughts and such, I find a lot of the people that do not like that style of writing are those who would actually love to share their random thoughts and the real deal but sometimes they feel too afraid or feel a need to retreat/withdraw into themselves and be very quiet private people of which there is nothing wrong with that, nothing at all but just live and let live.Don't bash those who want to have fun and share it with the world, the fun, the excitement, the happiness and joy that Jamaica can bring. We all go there because we love it and I love reading all of the boardies reports on this board and writing them too.I would NEVER write a negative comment on someones report though, someone's having the time of their life and then to wake up and realise a total random stranger does not want you to be having fun is a bit sad.I wouldn't do it but then that's just me, Jamaica has taught me MANY things, one of those things is that we are all different yet all one. I am happy to say everyone who I have spent time with in Jamaica, those I chose to meet I have had a great time with, because as carefree and crazy as I seem, I consider myself to be a very good judge of character instantly either by what they, write , what they say, or their actions.So I choose my friends very wisely. I always hang/mix with good hearted people who only have good intentions and that is one of the reasons that I can have so much fun in Jamaica by choosing wisely those I do spend "real life" time with on my trips.Boardies and Jamaicans. So I think ramble of the morning is over and out and I shall start my report a little later today and focus my energy into my online exam , so thank you Butterfly for your nice words 7milegal trip report starting today and jarstang is it? i will see you soon!

User Info Menu

eyes sore from reading..photos please

User Info Menu

I am glad you found my post uplifting. I have thought about writing a trip report but unlike you I can't take the unapproving statements. If you look in my archives I started a thread and you can see how some people can take things way out of proportion and way too personal. I have been turned off by some of the responses when I just made a general observation of experiences I had. My plans in the future is to write a book about Jamaica, including Negril. I am patiently awaiting your wholesome, free-spirited, trip report.

User Info Menu

Writing books! Now those I want to read!
    http://negril.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic9303_1.gif

User Info Menu

Dear Tic,

This has been one of the most wonderful and entertaining trip reports I've read. You are a boardie rock star! The energy, honesty, humor and flow of your writing, is like riding a wave or going through the rapids. We rock through the bumps, but wind up in a passive pool to just, whew, relax a bit. You squeeze all you can out of a day, running through the ebb and flow of family, keeping us up on your foodie flings, drop us into a sunset, followed by a tilt-a-whirl evening at the Jungle. Wow.

There is just someting about being in Negril that grabs ya, and you are great at relating it.

Your kids are adorable (teens don't read that part) and looks like you all get along in a tight bunch. Your husband is lucky and wise. He got you, kudos, which says quite a bit on its own merits. He understands your need to rev it up, and seems to be a trooper. Everyone’s family functions differently, I’m glad you are open to share yours with us.

Looking forward to more TR as you travel around the rock, as you let us in on that fabulous stream of consciousness. We’ll meet sometime and I know that your smile will light the room, bar, beach or cliff and I’ll know you’re there.

bjritz

User Info Menu

Well said BJ. I totally agree with you.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
    I am glad you found my post uplifting. I have thought about writing a trip report but unlike you I can't take the unapproving statements. If you look in my archives I started a thread and you can see how some people can take things way out of proportion and way too personal. I have been turned off by some of the responses when I just made a general observation of experiences I had. My plans in the future is to write a book about Jamaica, including Negril. I am patiently awaiting your wholesome, free-spirited, trip report.
    Wholesome? Hehe... Did you miss the scrub a dub adventures? Free spirited, I can get on board with that, but much of the entertainment value in this thread is in the decidedly unwholesome aspect.