Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 87 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3777828384858687888990 LastLast

Thread: TiCtOc pon di rock LIVE AND DIRECT **TRIP REPORT** On a Zero budget.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: TiCtOc pon di rock LIVE AND DIRECT **TRIP REPORT** On a Zero budget.

Tic - you only need the usb dongle... it IS a cell modem.... we use them from Digicel.

http://www.digiceljamaica.com/en/pho...ne.php?id=7082
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Tic - you only need the usb dongle... it IS a cell modem.... we use them from Digicel.

http://www.digiceljamaica.com/en/pho...ne.php?id=7082
    Oh great , so that is the whole thing, do I need to top it up with minutes or credit? This is good I can buy one on the way , this will be great!

User Info Menu

On the first evening I was here we had a drive through Montego Bay downtown, not the hip strip but all of the back streets and downtown area, lots of shops , food places, music going on, streets were busy a lot to buy a lot to see, Went to the megamart for a few items and to the chinese restaurant Dragon square as mentioned earlier, If you are in the Montego bay area close by to megamart and you like Chinese food which I don't much care for then I do recommend it as a take out because it was good food as far as chicken fried rice goes and it was large portions at only 500jmd per carton and they were large.It took a long time waiting for it but I would still recommend it for something different and good value. The Megamart does very good cooked food for low cost too.
    It was lovely and warm the air outside , I could see the palm trees swaying and the views of the hills and hear the tree frogs and all the sweet reggae in the background.I noticed a lot of very fancy trucks/jeeps expensive motor thangs that look like they are out of movies to me very nice seems to be the popular drive this year unless it is this particular area as I have never noticed so many before.
    Came to the family house.We have a lot of family in Jamaica they are probably in almost every parish! and it is very nice to come and spend time with the Jamaican side of our family as I just like the culture of how most Jamaican families work.Always there for each other and respect one another and no malice towards each other.That's how all my extended family work anyway but from what I have seen a lot of families here are like that and it's nice.So I was shown to my gorgeous room, I wish I could be the live in nanny! I would apply if I did not have a family! it's a cute pink room with wifi and everything I need, they loaned me a phone and a wire for my laptop as I brought the wrong adapter so that was kind and I called home let everyone know I had arrived.
    Sunday was a quiet chilled day, spent time with the family, played with the cutie little baby my great niece who I have been waiting to meet, I sat in the garden for a bit it got very hot, showered stuck some hair dye over my grey hair HAHA it turned out way too dark , makes me look old and pasty faced but hopefully my face will have a tan soon.I need a concealer for under my eyes , I could not find one anywhere I know the chemist in Negril probably has one, I will check santa cruz , they are quite difficult to find as I don't think many Jamaicans would wear it and i don't think it would be the right shade so excuse my photographs until I find one as I have had a rough year and can't find any concealer to hide the tiredness! I am sure the sun and happiness will soon erase all of that and pretty soon I won't even care!
    The views from my fams home are amazing huge hills, huge houses, really nice, pretty flowers, palm trees.So sunday was a chilled out family day, we were thinking of going to church but work shifts for the fam coincided and we listened to it on TV instead.
    I had arranged to go see a friend over past Falmouth on Monday I was told I could get a ride but it was getting real late and I wanted to be back for evening time.The plan was to spend the full day there then return home for the evening, but the plan did not work out and it was getting late so I got a route taxi to montego bay bus park for 100j, got myself on a bus to Falmouth for about 150j and then hopped off after about 40 minutes to walk down a street in falmouth and asked where the next taxi rank was and hopped in a shared cab for about 100 or 150 j something small anyway.I was told it is dangerous or can be and it was not advised that I go alone, but my friend had cooked lunch for me and I had made arrangements and I have never let anyone down on a solid arrangement so off I went on my miniadventure, I was a little bit nervous when I got in the first taxi and found someone had left a huge flick knife on the backseat but that only went to serve me as a reminder...mind how you go, be careful, be alert and not stupid which is a good reminder for everyone anywhere.I had to laugh when an old Jamaican lady was laughing with a man at the back of the bus saying BWOYYY the world tighten up their belt the recession hit the whole world when you see English girl on di bus and was laughing and found it amusing.That was the bus to Falmouth so maybe not so many tourists get on that bus I don't know .Nice scenic views anyway, loved the ride NO hassle nobody bothered me sat down the same as everyone else did, paid the same as everyone else did.Worked out fine, got me there in around an hour and was a simple, safe and cheap journey so anyway by the time I arrived it was getting late so we ladies decided i MUST stay over HAHA so I had to call hubby and hubbys family and let them know the plan which would go down like a lead balloon as I was supposed to be just visiting friends for a couple of hours daytime not staying out overnight.But it was not my fault I could not get there until late so my food was cooked ready for me which was delicious, jerk chicken , homemade coleslaw , rice and peas veg and I brought a bottle of rum so we ate then decided to head to a little beach bar down the road, nice cute little place, it was ona nice little section of a fishermans beach, it was midweek so not much going on but a nice chilled vybe and little xmas lights around the bar that I like.So we just stayed for one and had a chat and listened to the ocean waves then headed back to their house.A couple of the group decided to stay home but I had started my first drink of the holiday and wanted to PARTAYYY! So I asked please could we party! I was taken to another bar not far away I think called Buckles.They had wrestling on TV at first and I was like wahhhhhhh IT IS MY ONLY ONE NIGHT EVER RIGHT NOW ON THIS EARTH to be in this bar please lets not watch wrestling! So I was asked what do I want to do so I said I like dancehall music and rum and whenever I say that in Jamaica it usually happens , people usually oblige and it makes me so happy and excited as you know it is my favourite music and I can NEVER hear it outside of my own four walls in ENgland so the manager got his equipment turned on and we had lots of fun! there were people playing dominoes , people behind the bar dancing, everyone having a laugh had a great time, then we went home, then I decides nope still not home time so got 3 of us to go trekking around near the beach see if anything was still open.But it had shut and I had drank lots and lots of rum by that point anyway so after I was satisfied that nobody within about a 5 mile radius was open I headed to bed haha.
    My bedroom was lovely, nice and clean , nice and spacious and had a door leading to a verandha, had a nice night and in the morning we all got in the car and I got dropped off on the hip strip in montego bay, I had no beach wear as such ,no towel, no toothpaste and I wanted to see a boardie who I knew was in the area , I was tired, only had about 3 hrs sleep so far this trip and a little hungover but I was excited to try doctors cave beach which I had not been on before.Oh forgot to mention I had my nails done the day before at the old bucaneer beach hotel , it is now a university and it was a lady at a place called jays nails.I had them short which I never usually do but she said it was more money to have them long and I didn't want to start asking how much for this or that.I don't really like them short but she did a nice job they look nice and summery just wish I would have had the longer ones.Needed to see a price list really.Would have liked to have waited for Misako to do my nails but Negril was too long a way away but this lady knew what she was doing and they turned out nice.I will ask the cost of longer ones next time though as I have never had them short before, I prefer long but they were already priced higher than Negril at short so I left them at short.

User Info Menu

Name:  duncan4.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  71.3 KBName:  duncan3.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  46.8 KBName:  duncan2.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  34.6 KBName:  duncan1.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  49.8 KB

User Info Menu

Name:  duncans5.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  49.6 KB

User Info Menu

Name:  duncans6.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  76.3 KB

User Info Menu

~Got my attention!!!!!!!!!!!~Roar!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Tic! Youre beautiful and you look fine! Love the hair and I see no bags under your eyes.

User Info Menu

Name:  jaysnails.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  57.8 KB

User Info Menu

A lot has happened in my life since last time I was in Negril some major changes on all levels some good a few bad but one little man that came into my life was my baby nephew and he spends a lot of time with me he is just like one of my own and I wished and wished he could come to Jamaica with me and of course I tried before now to bring him and you get the usual response from English people who have never set foot in Jamaica that he should not go, he has no business being in Ja it is full of bad people and gangsters and murderers and drugs and everyone gets shot hmmmmm well all I can say to that attitude is none of my friends/associates or family are drug barons nor murderers THANK YOU VERY MUCH and I would hardly bring my own three children year after year there and back half way round the universe if that is the only kind of people that are in Jamaica, and do we all return happy and safely each year? yes we do.So how people who have never set foot on the island make their little vivid scenarios up in their little brains I have no idea.MY scenario in my brain and vivid imagination was that if I go back to Jamaica, my little baba is coming with me.And I would not come for so long and leave him behind if it was not possible to get him here.So in theory, Aunty taking baby on holiday was a cute idea, family trip, I always like to bring people to Jamaica with me if I get a chance and I know the baby will love it.So I was just chatting away on the webcast on realnegril.com one evening saying yeah i'm bringing my baby nephew to Jamaica yayy , head in the clouds totally oblivious to the fact it is called kidnapping and abduction at immigration when in my mind it was just aunty taking nephew on holiday ..and so all of the frantic phonecalls began.I needed a LAWYER OMG TICTOC NEEDED A LAWYER I never had a lawyer in my life I did not have a clue I thought what the hell is all this about, so I called a lawyer, called Jamaican immigration and they said yes it is correct you need a notary public to stamp a letter.I hear in the USA and CANADA this is the norm and very cheap.Where I live it was VERY difficult to get a last minute appointment with a registered notary public as there are not many actually registered as one, it cannot be a solicitor it has to be a notary public, so the letter my friends have paid 5 or 10 dollars for cost me 160usd for the actual letter and babys passport cost over 200usd with transport for far out last minute appointment then 50 dollars for extra documents etc and tax for the plane which was about 140usd so I was hoping hoping praying wishing it would all be sorted before I left home but it was not .The lawyer wanted to check out every single detail as it was a bit of a complicated case for personal reasons.So I was calling the lawyer from Jamaica, luckily I went absolutely overboard with documents and got every single thing anyone could ever possibly want so anyway I dreamed it would happen, hoped it would happen, I got the call to say we have the go ahead and hopefully I should be posting a picture of him here with me very soon