Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 8 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast

Thread: TiCtOc pon di rock LIVE AND DIRECT **TRIP REPORT** On a Zero budget.

User Info Menu

I'm loving this report!!! Hope you have a WONDERFUL trip.....see you on the other side tomorrow!!

User Info Menu

If everything went as planned you should be landing in a few hours in Mobay!
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

User Info Menu

My trip from home to the airport here is a piece of cake compared to what you have to do. Hang in there. It WILL be worth it, but you already know that.

User Info Menu

Advance warning tic is less then 15 mins from landing
    http://www.flightstats.co.uk/home.do

User Info Menu

Coming in from the Cold.
    x

User Info Menu

I askedeveryone to set the alarms for 3.45am.Iwent to bed about 1.30am and about 2 am my son shouted me and thought it wastime to leave for his holidays
    he wasexcited so got in bed with me.
    Husband saidhe would sit up all night until the taxi came.
    At 3am Ithought I heard a knock at the door so I quietly looked out of the window andmy son was right beside me saying is it time?/
    is it time ??
    so I said no-no-one there son.So we cuddled up excited.
    I was half awake half asleep and then thehouse phone rang.
    It was mymother checking everyone was up and awake and ready to go about 4am
    I wonderedwhy I had not heard all the alarms and it seemed no-one was awake but husbandsaid he had been awake ages and was letting me rest a little.
    So we all gotready , 4.30 am the taxi pulled up forus.
    Everythinggets loaded into the van swiftly and smoothly I got in the van exhausted andleaned against the window going back to sleep and I was not even thinking aboutit,
    I just said where’s the pushchair?
    Incase wedesperately need one or any of our family want it.So husband said oops forgot it .
    So I hadalready arranged a good transfer price deal with the taxi driverbeforehand but now I had to ask him toturn back when we were halfway to ourdestination to go back for the pushchair.
    As it was aminibus we were in they usually cost double in price to start with so now I wasgetting charged 4 times as much and I was not happy.
    Husband wasin a bad mood since that and moaned all the way to the airport.Let me strugglewith my case and pushchair and was in a bad mood.A stranger helped me at onepoint on to the tube though.
    I managed tosneak us all on an earlier train than planned.That was good !
    The inspectorstill stamped the tickets but it is a good job we managed to catch the firstearlier train as we did everything as fast as we could and made one of theconnecting trains with only one minute to spare so we would have been cutting thing s really fine otherwise.
    We got to the airport I had already checked inonline so we went straight to baggage drop the lady said everything was runningon time and we would start boarding in about an hour.
    I see a lotof Jamaicans and adult children of Jamaicans all ready to go to Jamaica
    The laydeezhave it all well prepared unlike me it was 9.30 am and I tell you the brighteyeshadows in multi colours were unbelievable the false eyelashes the weavesthe long painted toenails the hair extensions the nail extensions.Lots of lacyleggings and hot pants going on.They must have been up from earlyyyy to get itall together and then in walks me with my ginger diy streaks and still burningred face that I could not put any make up on lol and my nails not done as I amgetting them done in Negril
    I was an epicFAIL!
    And as Ilistened to them all chatting I thought “” party a start now!””
    The plane hada lot of Jamaicans on a couple of people who looked like honeymooners somegroups of women or women with children and some groups of men who all lookedlike they would jump on a jetski vrooommmmm I got served my vodka fruit punch and snack and Idecided to order coconut chicken curry and rice for my lunch! .My son is at anage now where aswell as being an experienced flyer he understands right andwrong now and how to behave on a flightand he went to sit with his dad
    I have alwayswondered what it would be like to get a seat alone have vodka and sleep when you like eat when you like andwatch a movie in peace and quiet.Today is My day to test it out! The seats arequite comfy everybody seems happy well quiet at least!So we stopped atmcdonalds and I said to everyone one minute I am just going to the bathroom.
    So on myreturn everybody had left and I had absolutely no idea where to find them lookedfor them for ages I had my money on me but they had the passports so I did whatI thought was the sensible thing to do and went to the boarding gate which is afar walk around the airport thinking they would most likely be there and ifthey was not then they would be at some point
    .Peoplestarted gathering—everyone except my family
    I did notwant to walk all the way back round theairport again but you do hear of people being at the airport and missing theirflights and I did not want to be one of them.
    Could not hopon alone-had no passport .asked for a call out over the speakers but was toldthey are not allowed to do that until boarding and can’t for individual passengers but I was pretty sure I hadheard one earlier so I asked someoneelse they said they can’t then a man at my gate said he would call upstairs onprivate radio to see what he could do.
    He managed toget a call out and I started walking the long walk back to see if I could findthem and there they were.Husband was really not happy by now .I was hoping tofind somewhere to chill for a bit where they had wifi and take a few pics andupdate you but everything happened so quick and we just made everything in timeso there was no time to do that.Especially with the missing family drama at theairport!
    We board theplane husband does not get window seat which he always moans for he’s seriouslynot happy now! I am happy the seats look comfy I settle in and close my eyes Isit at one end of the row and him the other with 2 of the children inbetweenand one at the side of us.

User Info Menu

Went throughthe part where you take your shoes off and go through the beeper things atairport I kept thinking bet it beeps it always does every single year I getchecked and searched and beeped…so I walked through beep beep beep stand asideplease I had on black leggings and vest top and no metal or anything so they waved me through so then beep beepbeep they wanted to check my son too..oh and the pushchair they was squeezing and swabbing it or something.
    We gotthrough and then onto the plane

The flightcrew then announce it is not a full flight and we can spread out
    So then wepretty much get a whole row to ourselves
    Nice freewelcome cocktail. choice of menu , freealcohol , socks, headphones andtoothpaste and toothbrush and eyewear pack and snacks .I blow up my little neckpillow oooh sooo comfy and fluffy and put my flight socks on sooo cozy
    Party a start now!

User Info Menu

Got LOADS to tell you all I have landed I touched down .I wanted to tell you all everythingtonight but where I am wifi shuts down in 7 minutes!

User Info Menu

When I got off the plane my happy face returned .Once on it does not fade until going on..No one can test my happy face.Do not try it will not work do not waste your time!
    When I am in Jamaica I am happy nothing else matters
    So I get out of the airport FINALLY after being the first one off then sent back in the line to being the last out more about that tomorrow
    Tony who Seastar sent for me was cool he was there with his sign and a smile and best of all when I said Tony can you turn up the tunes well..I was in heaven STONE LOVE full blast bass peakers a pumping
    all worries forgotten we were home we had arrived.BOOM BOOM BOOM
    Next minute I smelled the Jamaica air I wanted my jerk chicken and bread with sauce but I had to wait
    Next minute for over ten miles loads of Jamaicans were rushing at the cars I thought OMG I have landed in the middle of a political thing.There where horns going off people with branches of trees waving them at traffic people banging pand together making noise cheering and later I saw a sound system set up in one community and everybody was out all shouting and waving these branches and banging pans it was crazy.i said Tony whats happening and he told me that one of the local high school football teams had won a big match today.WELL I NEVER
    I have never witnessed anything like it in my whole life.For a school football match?15 MILES AT LEAST of supporters and fans and it looked like the whole of Jamaica was out to celebrate for it.It was so nice to watch them having fun
    And seeing everyone on their verandhas
    So nice
    Saw some gorgeous houses and hotels all lit up with christmas decorations on the way down they were absolutely stunning and breathtaking.I have lots to tell you all but I only have about 3 minutes left here!
    I have something very exciting to tell you though VERY EXCITING.
    NOT sure how to tell you but my hotel charges 300 j per cocktail and they are strong and they have 241 OMG HEAVEN! I was supposed to be going straight to bed but I had to have 1 or 2 just to try it out!
    More tomorrow
    ALL IS GOOD NO WORRIES NO PROBLEM!

User Info Menu

Clarity I could just don't want to blow my weeks budget in one night..but you know me anything could happen infact it sounds like a plan