Good Day All: just checking in. SUPER breezy today. But sunny and beautiful.

Last night I was stirring a pot of Red Pea Soup and I heard a commotion outside and what did I behold but the pub crawl ONE LOVE bus full of fun folks having a grand time. I had to run down and meet everyone and make sure Kemar and Tash were “ready” for them. Sunset was a bit cloud covered but the view is breathtaking any time and I think everyone enjoyed themselves. I hope the LOVE bus makes another stop out next week.

Stuart the night chef here at Westender has created a new menu and I am slowly working my way thru it (lol). The items with (*) are the ones I have had and many I have had photos of in my posts. Highly recommend you come out and try the food and enjoy a sunset. I am such a foodie so it has been fun checking out each dish and all have been delicious and well presented. One day just needed a midafternoon snack so ordered the bruchetta….oh man….garlic butter toast with ripe ripe tomato and basil with EVOO and basalmic drizzle…..mmmmm. Today I had lunch which was the House Salad and the Jerk Quesadilla…..holy cow…..super delicious.
Attachment 6079
Attachment 6080
Attachment 6081

*Westender House Salad $4.50
Iceberg lettuce, cabbage, carrot, cucumber, Roma tomato, shaved with our own house-made papaya seed vinaigrette

*Panko Crusted Conch Cake $8.00
With pickled ginger remoulade

*Jerk Chicken Quesadilla $7.50
With mango barbeque sauce, sour cream, and tropical fruit salsa

Sesame Chicken Skewers $8.00
Fried Crispy and served with Sweet Thai Chili and Peanut Satay sauce

*Bruchetta $6.50
Vine-ripe tomato tossed with EVOO and Italian spices over garlic rubbed Hardo bread crostini

Snapper Rundown $19.00
Roasted and served whole with our lemongrass-Thai curry Rundown Sauce, with traditional rice and peas

Jumbo Shrimp Scampi $19.00
Sautéed with roasted garlic, ginger, Roma tomato, and lemongrass in a white wine-Red Stripe butter sauce, served over garlic toast

*Lionfish Escoviche $16.00
Pan fried and then simmered in a Passion fruit Escoviche sauce and served over traditional rice and peas

Conch Milanese $17.00
Fresh conch breaded in Panko breadcrumbs and pan fried, orange-rum butter sauce, with pineapple-jerk fried rice

*Jam-Asian Brown Stew Chicken $14.00
A Westender twist on an Island classic with sweet Thai chili sauce and served with pineapple-jerk fried rice

*Sweet Chili Glazed Fried Chicken $14.00
Served with traditional rice and peas

Name:  011.JPG
Views: 326
Size:  80.7 KB
Name:  010.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  42.6 KB
Name:  009.JPG
Views: 337
Size:  81.6 KB
A few shots of around the property sightings. Finished “Banana Shout” today…really fun book. Think I will check out the pan and punch at Canoe later….that’s the plan any way (lol).
Thanks for coming along.