Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Covid curfew has been lifted!

User Info Menu

Re: The Covid curfew has been lifted!

You know, that's an interesting response, Rob. I've lurked here for some time and have found your skills in diplomacy generally solid and your insights valuable. You take it for what you perceive it's value, but, there may he a bit of something you might not be happy to recognize is creeping in there. Regardless of what you, or anyone else would most prefer to be the meeting point of the rule -vs- compliance, since the beginning of recorded time, and consequently before, inastutely provisioned public policy is rejected by the collective reason of the masses. Here's the bottom line. I am here now...and have been for several days. Since stepping out of the airport in Montego Bay, there is not a single human being who has suggested I might want to put on a mask. I'm well aware that is not what the gov't policy, as written--intended for, but that is not a compelling substitute for the reality of what is taking place. That's all I have to offer on that one. ��*♂️
    Last edited by stormbringr1; 03-21-2022 at 11:05 PM.

User Info Menu

I’ve been telling my husband and friends and staff here about these conversations and they think it’s crazy to be arguing with people who are here on the ground and know whats going on. I also didn’t have to wear a mask next door at the Cliff hotel. Maybe it’s just because I’m cute and young lol. Jamaicans are not going to mask up like ninjas if they don’t have to.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Wouldn't you know it, I was just forced to comply with masking, sanitizing and social distancing since the DRMA (Disaster Risk Management Act) expired.

But this was for a government function on the beach road.

Thank Jah I brought a mask!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

We’re here if you want to stop by but I think you hate me for some reason haha

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BethAnn38 View Post
    We’re here if you want to stop by but I think you hate me for some reason haha
    LOL.... maybe LTU later?

User Info Menu

Like 3pm?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stormbringr1 View Post
    You know, that's an interesting response, Rob. I've lurked here for some time and have found your skills in diplomacy generally solid and your insights valuable. You take it for what you perceive it's value, but, there may he a bit of something you might not be happy to recognize is creeping in there. Regardless of what you, or anyone else would most prefer to be the meeting point of the rule -vs- compliance, since the beginning of recorded time, and consequently before, inastutely provisioned public policy is rejected by the collective reason of the masses. Here's the bottom line. I am here now...and have been for several days. Since stepping out of the airport in Montego Bay, there is not a single human being who has suggested I might want to put on a mask. I'm well aware that is not what the gov't policy, as written--intended for, but that is not a compelling substitute for the reality of what is taking place. That's all I have to offer on that one. ��*♂️
    We will be at LTU at around 3 if you want to meet up. Me and everyone else will be without masks

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BethAnn38 View Post
    Like 3pm?
    Still dealing with govt red tape.... more like 4:30 to 5...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Still dealing with govt red tape.... more like 4:30 to 5...
    See you then!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Where you at?

Lol