Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Champagne

User Info Menu

Champagne

Headed down over Halloween, staying on the Cliffs. Question is: best to buy bottles of champagne in Mo Bay, or can it be purchased in Negril? And suggestions for which store to purchase from?

I would be specifically looking for De Margerie champagne, which is my personal favorite.
    Free Vybz Kartel

User Info Menu

Re: Champagne

If you want real "Champagne" then you might want to bring it down with you. If it's bubbly wine you seek the HiLo had a good selection and I'll grab a picture next time I'm in. Also Mega Mart and Progressive in MoBay have a good selection. Full boxes of the stuff on sale after valentine's day and were still on display last week.

User Info Menu

You can buy sparkling wine in Montego Bay or Negril.
    I prefer the selection in Mobay at Progressive Foods...their higher end brands are behind the front counter at customer service. Mega Mart in Mobay has a decent selection also.
    In Negril...I would go to Hi Lo for wines & sparkling wines.

But, having said all that...I don't see the champagne brand you're looking for when I look through the distribution companies.
    I think if you're looking for a specific sparkling wine (champagne in your case) I would definitely bring it with you. It'll also be much cheaper if you're coming from the US.

User Info Menu

LOL Browns...good answer!

User Info Menu

If you'll be on the cliffs for Halloween you may want to check out LTU's costume party. We happened to be there over Halloween a few trips ago and it rocked.

User Info Menu

We’re big fans of Moët or Mumm champagnes…a must have for Christmas morning! Sometimes they have champagne at the duty free shop in the arrival section of MBJ. If the duty free doesn’t have it, Value Master in Negril always has one or the other and some less expensive champagnes.