Home | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: Long time since Iíve posted mon

  1. #31
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Long time since Iíve posted mon

    Quite honestly the leather seat wasn't an issue for me. Peddling back uphill from Buff Bay to Green Hill was a challenge and more often than not I was off the saddle!!

  2. #32
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Long time since Iíve posted mon

    I check the forum the first time in several weeks and the first thing I see is a trip report from Flip. Good to see my fellow former Manayunker is back!

  3. #33
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Long time since Iíve posted mon

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_D View Post
    I check the forum the first time in several weeks and the first thing I see is a trip report from Flip. Good to see my fellow former Manayunker is back!
    Hey! Likewise!

    Actually have thanksgiving already booked. Getting back in the Jamaica swing of things, and it feels good!

  4. #34
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Long time since Iíve posted mon

    Hey Flip,
    I don't know how much you have traveled in Jamaica outside of Negril but you can easily put together some awesome bike trips in JA especially in the Eastern side of the island. Portland parish for example has beaches and mountains, waterfalls, rivers, towns and best of all the friendliest people you will ever meet!!

  5. #35
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Long time since Iíve posted mon

    Name:  Rasta Bike at the pool.JPG
Views: 241
Size:  763.5 KB

    At the pool of the old "Villas Negril" where Brimsley Hall was bartender. An awesome place to stay back in the day!!

  6. #36
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Long time since Iíve posted mon

    Quote Originally Posted by johng View Post
    Hey Flip,
    I don't know how much you have traveled in Jamaica outside of Negril but you can easily put together some awesome bike trips in JA especially in the Eastern side of the island. Portland parish for example has beaches and mountains, waterfalls, rivers, towns and best of all the friendliest people you will ever meet!!

    I have indeed been on that side of the island and am definitely looking to ride over there at some point.

    There’s a road race from little London to MoBay in august that I’m trying to swing right now.

    November we are flying into Kingston and doing 2 nights over there and then the rest in Negril. Hopefully catch a ride out to some good roads to ride.

  7. #37
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Long time since Iíve posted mon

    Hey Flip,
    Great to hear you will be over in Kingston in November and don't know how long you will be on the island but the B1 runs from Papine in Eastern Kingston up and over the Blue Mountains and down to Buff Bay on the North Coast. It passes by Strawberry Hill, The Newcastle JDF Camp, Holywell Park at Hardware Gap and then descends to the sea at Buff Bay, Portland Parish. This is some of the most beautiful scenery on the island through the coffee growing country narrow mountain roads. I highly recommend you take a look at this route. It will be well worth your time!!

    Name:  i00677 (Small).JPG
Views: 196
Size:  88.1 KBName:  i00429 (Small).JPG
Views: 195
Size:  36.6 KBName:  i00489 (Small).JPG
Views: 194
Size:  61.7 KBName:  i00527 (Small).JPG
Views: 198
Size:  65.7 KBName:  i00587 (Small).JPG
Views: 199
Size:  67.1 KBName:  Buff Bay (Small).JPG
Views: 194
Size:  47.6 KB

  8. #38
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Long time since Iíve posted mon

    Quote Originally Posted by johng View Post
    Hey Flip,
    Great to hear you will be over in Kingston in November and don't know how long you will be on the island but the B1 runs from Papine in Eastern Kingston up and over the Blue Mountains and down to Buff Bay on the North Coast. It passes by Strawberry Hill, The Newcastle JDF Camp, Holywell Park at Hardware Gap and then descends to the sea at Buff Bay, Portland Parish. This is some of the most beautiful scenery on the island through the coffee growing country narrow mountain roads. I highly recommend you take a look at this route. It will be well worth your time!!

    Name:  i00677 (Small).JPG
Views: 196
Size:  88.1 KBName:  i00429 (Small).JPG
Views: 195
Size:  36.6 KBName:  i00489 (Small).JPG
Views: 194
Size:  61.7 KBName:  i00527 (Small).JPG
Views: 198
Size:  65.7 KBName:  i00587 (Small).JPG
Views: 199
Size:  67.1 KBName:  Buff Bay (Small).JPG
Views: 194
Size:  47.6 KB
    Wow! I definitely will!

  9. #39
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Long time since Iíve posted mon

    ENOUGH ALREADY!!! You guys are killing my 'Sand Gravity' vibe... LOL


    (Great pics from both of you guys though)



    2011 [NBCC], 2014 [SunSpree Holiday Inn, GP], 2015 [Tobys, WS, Riu Club], 2016 [Tobys, WS], 2017 [WS X 3], 2018 [WS X 2, Negril Palms, WS], 2019 [Seastar/WS, CCLP, WS], 2020 [WS X 2], 2021 [WS]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •