Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Phone service in negril

User Info Menu

Phone service in negril

We are new to using our smart phone. What do i have to do to do to have service in negril.

User Info Menu

Re: Phone service in negril

I would call your cell service provider (eg, Verizon). Tell them where you are going and find out what the best plan update you need for what you need to do and for the length of time you will need to do it.

Some people just get phones there or just sim cards for their phones. Too complicated for me... Some drivers and some resorts may even provide a phone for you to use - GeeJam does it, not sure if anywhere in Negril does.

User Info Menu

I need to stay in contact with the US while in Jamaica so I use my phone with AT&T international calling. It $10 per 24 hour period. You only pay for the days you having roaming on. It’s a bit pricey but easier than maintaining and having to share a second number for a second phone.

User Info Menu

Verizon has an International plan that covers Jamaica.
    Last trip was 3 weeks, so I just signed up for one month and the cost was approximately $100.
    Service was no problem in Negril.

Enjoy,

VVHT

User Info Menu

If you have T-mobile you don't have to do anything. The only difference is phone calls are $.20 a minute local or international. My bill for a month long trip is usually only $5.00 more than usual.