lane,
In your second to last post you refer to " I saw in a earlier post on the old board and with its captain at the wheel sailing it. I think he is or was on the board he was a white guy"
I believe that you are referring to Captain Dave who was a long time and respected poster on this forum. Cap'n D passed away several months ago from cancer. It is my understanding that he had worked in Jamaica back in the 60's and 70's as a boat captain for Wray and Nephew who owned Appleton Estate. Cap'n D also was a fond resident in Negril where he established the one and only small sailboat rental business on Negril Beach ant at one time if I am not mistaken had two spots one up towards Rutland Point and one not far north from the Negril River in town. He also had a son named Linston who is a highly recommended driver for many on this board. Dave also established a home in Jamaica, whose name escapes me, about 30 minutes inland from Negril. Captain Dave was a go to guy for many on this board and his passing was very sad for many of us. Rest in Peace Dave!!!