Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Stories Of Negril and the Westend

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

For several years my wife and I raved about Negril and Jamaica to our friends. Finally after years of trying we got a large group
    of friends to go (starting with my 40th birthday party). We went to the beach one day and met a Jamaican named Winston and his two brothers. They had a bar next to Alfred's. Winston had worked with Bob Marley and ran a company that put together tours for Jamaican bands in the USA. One afternoon he took me to the office and played a bunch of Bob's outtakes for me. Winston is very tall. At least 6'4''. Part of our group decided to go parasailing. Winston asked if he could come along and did. My friend Kevin and I wish them fun and walked into the water. We waded out and drank our beer and had a smoke. We watched our friends go up and out into the bay. They got about a mile off shore and began the back and forth run. We turned around and started to admire the shoreline. All was Irie and good. We turned back around and watched our friends some more. We noticed there was someone swiming twards us. As he was swiming quite a distance, we began watching him as well. Before we knew it the swimmer was apon us and it was Winston. He had taken the ride out there just so he could get a good swim in. The first words out of his mouth were, so didn't you bring a beer out for me? When our friends came back, we started to collect our things and hed back to the castle. Winston asked if he could come along. We agreed and headed back. Apon arriving, Winston walked directly to where my room was and asked "Are one of you staying in this room"? I repled I was. He said "So your the reason I couldn't have my room". I replyed that we would gladly change rooms if he wanted to move in. Winston just smiled and said "No, you stay there and keep the place I will move in after you leave. Here we just meet him on the beach and we find the next guest. He was a long term friend of Susan at the castle and stay's there on each return trip.
    Last edited by Pushin 50; 05-17-2011 at 09:09 PM.