Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best hotel for the price

User Info Menu

Re: Best hotel for the price

You have to take those reviews with a grain of salt sometimes. It's the tropics so if you leave food sitting out then you're going to get ants. The occasional lizard can always get in. Some of the properties have got a little run down. I'd avoid Jamaica Tamboo for instance. Negril Beach Club Condos, Travellers, Legends, and Kuyaba are all reasonably priced beach properties that are kept up.

User Info Menu

Our go to place is Idle Awhile Beach. It's not the cheapest by far, but we always enjoy the property and staff. So for us that makes it a good value for the cost.
    I'm a true believer in you get what you pay for. You can find something at all levels that are worth the cost..

User Info Menu

Going back for the first time since Covid. At least once a year since 2000. From Savage,Mn

User Info Menu

Idle Awhile is by far the “classiest” on 7 mile. Needs some updating for sure but best spot and shabby chic. Great service there. We’ve stayed at beach and cliff properties with and without kids.

User Info Menu

Lots of alternatives for the BEST priced hotels but some of them have turned into real dumps.
    For the BEST hotels on the beach for the price imo: Coco La Palm and Charela Inn. Idle Awhile, aint never been there, they tell me its nice.

User Info Menu

Hands down in my opinion it's White Sands. Best room for the money!
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

I've been going down for many years and have stayed at all different digs from tents to high end but my favorite spot on the beach is Charela Inn. For several different reasons. It is in my opinion one of the nicest spots on Long Bay as far their beachfront goes. I came across promotional material which said it was originally built in 1975. The footprint has grown considerably over the past 48 years which has only improved the property. Their restaurant serves some of the best cuisine in Negril and they used to have entertainment several nights a week. The bang for the buck is pretty darn good there. Not the cheapest but you get what you pay for!!

User Info Menu

Every time we walk by Charela Inn we talk about how nice it looks. Their beach area is always so neat and looks so relaxing. We haven't stayed there yet but hope to on a future visit.

User Info Menu

In the past twelve months I have stayed at Coco La Palm and White Sands. Both are very well kept properties. IMHO Coco has the edge in quality, especially the Restaurant, but is a bit more expensive.
    Waiting until the last minute to book a room can be difficult towards the end of February (busy season). You may have few options on the beach.

User Info Menu

Jaherring,
    Next time you are in Negril go and visit the property and say Hello. It's a local family owned business that is very involved with the well being of Negril. Very nice people!!