Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best hotel for the price

User Info Menu

Best hotel for the price

It has been a few years since we have been to Negril, are looking at coming back. We have stayed at quite a few places on the beach, we love the little resorts, not the all inclusive. We are reading alot of reviews of ants, roaches and lizards in the rooms, Is this just people wanting the best? Just trying to get a feel how everything is going on the beach and if there are any recommendations.
    Thanks for your help.

User Info Menu

Re: Best hotel for the price

Ants, roaches and lizards, oh my!…well it is the tropics and the cleanest and best kept rooms can have them. The lizards do help with the ants and roaches. In all seriousness I suggest looking for reviews mentioning a well kept property. Keep all food and snacks in ziplock bags and away from exterior walls or the ants will find them. If you give us an idea of your nightly budget and the time of year you plan to visit I’m sure you will get many suggestions for lodging. We all have our favorites.

User Info Menu

I've always thought Country Country to be a bargain. Room cost (around $220/night) includes breakfast but even more importantly, that covers all taxes and fees as well.

User Info Menu

We are looking at the middle of February. We always book at the last minute, in hopes of finding a good place to stay. We like the beach, and possibly not second floor as I just had knee replacement.

User Info Menu

I recommend looking at Travellers, Cocoa LaPalm, and Negril Treehouse.

User Info Menu

I'd tell you White Sands but you'd never find a room there, this late in the game... lol.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrewer View Post
    I've always thought Country Country to be a bargain. Room cost (around $220/night) includes breakfast but even more importantly, that covers all taxes and fees as well.
    What this person said. Give them a call or email, websites aren't always up to date.

User Info Menu

Ditto what others have said, one thing about Negril...book early. Already booked again for October!
    Free Vybz Kartel

User Info Menu

I can definitely recommend Travellers. Went last year and already booked to return this year

User Info Menu

They still do not have mesh (screen) on all their windows FYI ask! Nurse Beth