Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get off the sand!

User Info Menu

Get off the sand!

I am afflicted (blessed?) with sand gravity each visit, but I try to do some activity each trip...I'm thinking of a shopping trip to Sav La Mar this year...thoughts?

User Info Menu

Fun if you have to buy stuff. Or love markets. Personally I think it's kind of hot and crowded and only fun if i actually need to stock a kitchen.

But I think a day without being in water is a day wasted, so I'm partial to waterfalls and rivers and such.

User Info Menu

I agree with Liz - I don't go to Sav "for fun" but I do go at least once every visit to pick up some odds and ends for my house. I don't like the veg/fish market there but Bashco rocks.

I'd go to a river - Roaring or Venture - for a "day off campus".

User Info Menu

we always get a driver, tour SAV, the market by the water is great for ja spices, get to see real ja, sugar cane fields and mountains are awesome, also spending a couple of days in the BELMONT,BLUEFIELDS area on the south coast, small fishin village, soon come

User Info Menu

spices, fruit, veg. would be my goal in Sav....I've heard those markets were good, rastagal excepted .

User Info Menu

I think the market is very interesting, although sometimes smelly. At the sea end of that long straight street is an old fort that I was told was built by Morgan. There was a big rusty cannon there in shallow water.

Respect,
    Col. Andy

User Info Menu

just walking through Sav is an interesting experience...as for roaring river??? No way, jose

User Info Menu

Do Mayfield Falls outside of Sav in the AM and then hit Sav in the PM on the way back.........
    have lunch in Sav and maybe do some shopping.......Sav market on Saturday's is a trip...
    makes for a fantastic day......if you aren't too worn out walkie in dem Mayfield falls.......

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

Sponsor

User Info Menu

I say yep go. Have been to Sav many times, but last year was the first time we actually toured the market. Got lots of spices by the pound instead of the little packages. Enjoyed them all the curry was really great and I love cinnamon and was truly a lot nicer than any I had bought before...so fresh. If your not into the market Roaring River is a good place to go. We have been there I think 5 or 6 times....showing newbies the experience. I feel that every time we go is a different experience. One time we we're in a cave and a band played for us, it was awesome. Another time went swimming in hole went through a cave, awesome again. But not everybody is into the same things.

Cheers

User Info Menu

PegBoy - fugedaboudit! - Sand Gravity wins EVERY time! Resistance is futile!
    The Earth is the Lord's and everything in it!