Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Mixed Drink Prices on the Beach

  1. #11
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Mixed Drink Prices on the Beach

    Absolutely, always worth it, no matter the price!

  2. #12
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Mixed Drink Prices on the Beach

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott and Janet View Post
    It always astounds me when people will pay $8-$10 a beer in the states with a view of a wall or outside busy street... And for an ocean view and sitting on the beach or cliff and they ***** about $4 a beer.
    I guess it depends what part of the states you're from. I don't pay $8-10 a beer unless I'm in Chicago or Detroit. It's more like $2.50-$5 a beer in the city I'm from.

  3. #13
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Mixed Drink Prices on the Beach

    Quote Originally Posted by fargoman View Post
    The great thing about Negril is that even tho prices have gone up, it is still way more affordable the Grand Cayman, St Johns, Hawaii, ect and the Jamaicans and the beach can't be beat. Low prices or high prices, my love and addiction to Jamaica will continue till I die.
    Agree, and also more affordable than Florida as well. The Dominican Republic is where the biggest bang for your buck is these days but I still prefer Jamaica.

  4. #14
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Mixed Drink Prices on the Beach

    Quote Originally Posted by fargoman View Post
    I hear you. Grey Goose or a Jack Daniels will set you back 10$ or more in many places. I ordered a wine at a lovely place on the beach and it was nothing fancy and it was 15$ but the worst part was the pour was maybe 3 ounces. Never again.
    I don't have a problem paying that for Goose or Jack. They were getting that for a standard rum and coke and standard vodka and Ting in tiny little 4oz cups.

  5. #15
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Mixed Drink Prices on the Beach

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott and Janet View Post
    It always astounds me when people will pay $8-$10 a beer in the states with a view of a wall or outside busy street... And for an ocean view and sitting on the beach or cliff and they ***** about $4 a beer.
    I would not/will not ever pay $8 - $10 dollars for a beer. Nashville prices have become ridiculous, so we quit going to Nashville.
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

  6. #16
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Mixed Drink Prices on the Beach

    The nice part about NBCC has always been that you have a kitchen with a full size fridge, blender, and you can bring your own cooler down to the pool and beach.

  7. #17
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Mixed Drink Prices on the Beach

    Quote Originally Posted by Corey K View Post
    The nice part about NBCC has always been that you have a kitchen with a full size fridge, blender, and you can bring your own cooler down to the pool and beach.
    I've been doing that for years, bringing my giant bubba cup down to the beach with d. coke and rum in my beach bag to quench my thirst all day at the beach at White Sands (tipping the bartenders when I need an ice refill).

  8. #18
    Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Mixed Drink Prices on the Beach

    Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    I've been doing that for years, bringing my giant bubba cup down to the beach with d. coke and rum in my beach bag to quench my thirst all day at the beach at White Sands (tipping the bartenders when I need an ice refill).
    I like White Sands. I hung out there a few times when I stayed at Nirvana a few years ago. Bartender was a cool guy.
    Last edited by Corey K; 04-15-2023 at 09:28 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •