Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beach Smell

User Info Menu

Beach Smell

I recently read a report on another site from someone who is staying at Coco and complaining about a strong sewerage type of odor at the beach.
    We were there for the ?Storm? in February and have reservations for first week of May. Wouldn?t want to experience another unpleasant event like that.
    Any comments from current guests would be appreciated.

User Info Menu

Re: Beach Smell

i live here - at the Negril Beach Club - right on the beach - no smells here

User Info Menu

I was at CCLP for a couple weeks starting 3 days after the storm. It did smell like a sewer for about a week, until they finally got it cleaned up. All good after that first week.

Administrator

User Info Menu

I was walking past CCLP going to Sun Beach. Didn't detect any noticeable oder anywhere.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

I’ve heard from the beach attendants and others that “occasionally” there is a noticeable foul odor. Hoping for nice water and sand in May, and hopefully we’ll miss the “rainy” season! Thanks for your responses!

User Info Menu

glad to hear the bad smell is gone! Cant wait to reach Negril... countdown 13 days

User Info Menu

Had dinner at Sun Beach last Wednesday and there was a smell. It went away. Wife shook ketchup and it exloded on her when she opened the cap. Don't do that. Probably unrelated.

User Info Menu

Sometimes there is a low level smell. The water is also still tinted a bit sepia coloured from the February sea grass invasion
    If you are worried about something, do something about it. If there is nothing you can do, why worry!

User Info Menu

You gotta remember they buried TONS of seagrass from the February storm in the very beaches your talking about & it's slowly rotting away...

User Info Menu

We just returned and I could smell an odor about a week ago around the Lazy Dayz area. Only smelled it for one day and then not again for the rest of the week.