Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Xtabi Seaside Cottage

User Info Menu

Xtabi Seaside Cottage

Looking at pulling the trigger for a quick visit in August
    Looking at Xtabi for something a little different
    Cottage 1 or Cottage 4 ? Always been on my list
    How is the property / food / etc ?
    Your thoughts or any other Cliffside properties

Negrilbound

User Info Menu

Re: Xtabi Seaside Cottage

10 /10 would recommend

User Info Menu

We've never stayed at Xtabi but have eaten there. Food is OK. Also check into Catcha Falling Star, Tensing Pen, and LTU. We've stayed at all three over the years. Ivan's at Catcha has great food but we've found that since they went on a building spree several years ago it seems a little snug now with a LOT of people on the grounds. Tensing is also very nice, but no restaurant per se. They serve continental in the morning and a sign-up for dinner each day. Nice Cottages and the Pillars give you a great view off the cliffs. LTU has excellent food and a great bar cliffside but all the rooms are across the street in the gardens with ample pool. Banana Shout is also up there but I don't know anything about it. Sea Grape has three cottages on the cliffs and has been completely renovated by new owners. Again, no restaurant on property. All of these (except maybe Banana Shout) have higher rates than Xtabi, but if you're only going for a few days it might be worth it. Hope this helps.

User Info Menu

Ol’yardie - we stayed at Tensing (albeit a few years ago) and the restaurant there was wonderful. There’s also Kool Vybes (sp?) right across the road which has great food.
    Don't waste your time with explanations, people only hear what they want to hear.

User Info Menu

NikkiB...We stayed there about 20 years ago and I agree it is a beautiful dining room. At the time there was breakfast (with omelette bar) every morning, all day coffee service and a bunch of bananas hanging for snacking, The bar opened for happy hour. The dinner menu was posted daily and you had to sign up so they could plan in the kitchen. A couple of my fondest Negril memories happened at Tensing, including sitting in the dining room for breakfast and watching the dolphins pass by and the night on the porch at South Pillar when I saw what turned out to be glow-in-the-dark jellyfish floating by. No slight intended to Tensing Pen.

User Info Menu

I've never stayed at Xtabi but I've been down in Jamaica a few times in early Sept and it is HOT! SO that said, I wouldn't get a cottage without AC in August.
    Go Bills!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    I've never stayed at Xtabi but I've been down in Jamaica a few times in early Sept and it is HOT! SO that said, I wouldn't get a cottage without AC in August.
    Omg I totally agree. I’ve been there in September a few times and one time stayed at what used to be Catcha Gardens in an apartment with no AC. Needless to say I was miserable and a complete witch the entire time lol.

User Info Menu

We stayed at Xtabi once in April. I don't immediately remember the cottage #, but it didn't have A/C and we were uncomfortable trying to sleep. In the cottage we stayed at, we also heard road noise pretty easily. I honestly can't remember if we ate at the restaurant. I know can be expensive, though. The property was quiet (as far as other people being around) and chill, as you can imagine up on the cliffs. It is the only time we have stayed up on the cliffs. The stay confirmed to us that we are beach people.

User Info Menu

Stayed in Cottage #2 it was pretty good but Cottage #1 looked great the most secluded and Cottage #4 also very nice - both were better than where we stayed
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]