Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: bringing wine from US to Jamaica..Help!

User Info Menu

bringing wine from US to Jamaica..Help!

I apologize if this is ignorant but it would be my first time to do this.

We leave very soon and am wondering if I can bring Wine/Champagne from the US ( Home) to Jamaica in my checked bag? would only be two bottles.

I am lost on this subject and am not sure if I need to buy it at duty free or in town.

Also- Would I be able to purchase vodka at my home airport in the US and bring it with me as a carry on..

I know this is probably a goofy question but need some help from the experts here.

User Info Menu

Re: bringing wine from US to Jamaica..Help!

Yes, you can bring wine down, I always take a 1.75L of whisky and have brought homebrewed beer at the same time. Vodka might be cheaper in the duty free on arrival in MoBay.

User Info Menu

Awesome.. thank you! So just put the wine in check bagged and we are good to go? nothing to declare.

User Info Menu

You can bring in 2 litres of wine in your checked luggage no problem. Any more than that is over your limit however the times I have had my luggage checked in the numerous times I've traveled to Jamaica, I can count on less than one finger.
    If you are worried about something, do something about it. If there is nothing you can do, why worry!

User Info Menu

I would think about buying wine in the small boxes for traveling. I double and triple zip lock them. I never wanted to take a chance on the bottle somehow breaking. I always declare it even if it is a small amount to be safe.

User Info Menu

where in the airport can you buy liquor upon arrival?
    Praise Jah

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rasta ronnie View Post
    Don't worry. It's pretty impossible to miss.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rasta ronnie View Post
    Right after you go through immigration, its; between immigration and baggage claim. You can order ahead here and save more https://jamaica.shopdutyfree.com/en/