Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Thoughts on River Rafting

User Info Menu

Thoughts on River Rafting

Returning to Catcha this fall, wife would like to go on a river raft trip. Is Martha Brae the spot or is there something closer?
    Free Vybz Kartel

User Info Menu

Re: Thoughts on River Rafting

We've been 2 Ja over 30 times and did Martha Brae rafting a couple of years ago. It was 1 of the best trips we ever took.
    Having our anniversary party in Negril next year and have told everyone this is the trip to take!

User Info Menu

Tuffgong,

I would plan on an afternoon on the Martha Brae, then dinner and an evening cruise after sunset and before moon rise on the Luminous Lagoon.
    Both are in Falmouth.

Never been on the Martha Brae, but the Luminous Lagoon was AWESOME!

Enjoy,

VVHT

User Info Menu

Does anyone know how much river rafting at Martha Brae costs? Assuming you pay in cash and I always try my best to plan for my cash needs.

Also, any suggestions for stops on the way or the way back would be appreciated.

Thank you Boardies! Not to suck up but I am very appreciative of all of the advice, help, the stories, everything. Been here a while and glad I found this board!
    Last edited by TuffGong; 04-23-2023 at 08:52 AM.
    Free Vybz Kartel

User Info Menu

We've done both the Martha Brae Rafting tour and the Luminous Lagoon. Both are very nice excursions.
    I'm pretty sure the Rafting is $90 per couple. Luminous Lagoon is $25 per person.

I might suggest the Greenwood Great House and either Scotchies or Pork Pit for lunch.

User Info Menu

We have never been rafting in Jamaica but it does sound like something to try on a future trip!