Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Weight Rooms

User Info Menu

Weight Rooms

Teenage grandson is into a stringent regimen of body building and doesn't want to disrupt it when he joins us in Negril. Which boutique hotels have a reasonable set of weights he can use? Not my thing to do while in Negril but he is really into this. I prefer to just do beer curls.

User Info Menu

Re: Weight Rooms

Travellers Beach Resort has weights and workout equipment

User Info Menu

I may be wrong, but I think if you stay at any of the Idle Awhile properties you have access to the Sandals or Beaches gym & courts. We stay at Idle often, but have no intention of working out while there, so haven't confirmed.
    Last edited by JohnNYC; 04-28-2023 at 11:56 AM.

User Info Menu

If you stay at Idle Awhile it’s Couple Swept Away sports center which is fantastic. There is also Exotic Fitness near Treehouse and it offers a workout with a view and across the street from Negril Beach Club there is a full gym. Last I was there it was $10 a day with weekly and monthly rates available. Remind your grandson to get an early start. None of these are air conditioned and it’s so easy to overheat or worse. Hopefully someone has information on the Westend gym. I heard it is a nice one.

User Info Menu

The location in the West End...popular gym.
    https://aquariusjamaica.com/
    #2 Summerset Road (see our sign at the corner of Summerset and West End Road).

User Info Menu

Thanks Rumlover. I knew it was one of the nicer AI's.

User Info Menu

In 2015, my step son was able to use the Travellers workout room and weights. I believe he was charged $5 per day.
    We were staying at Coco La Palm and it was a nice walk to get to his workout.
    He had a stringent workout routine as well.

Good luck,

VVHT aka Happy