Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Canoe Bar Area

User Info Menu

Canoe Bar Area

Wife and I are headed back in Rocktober and I want to spend an afternoon at Canoe Bar. Wife getting some rays and me enjoying some refreshments and food. Question is, what do people recommend within walking distance of Canoe in terms of bars or restaurants?

We usually are Cliff dwellers and need to get out more, thus the question. Spend some time at Canoe, enjoy the beach, etc. and then walk to...?
    Free Vybz Kartel

User Info Menu

Re: Canoe Bar Area

Quality’s just a hundred yards or so up the road is a great place to have dinner, we make it a point to eat there every reach.

User Info Menu

Yes, definitely go see Quality. Excellent food.

User Info Menu

I'll third Quality, especially on evenings that they have live reggae. The back deck with an ocean view at Patsies is nice too for a laid back vibe. Along with the ice cream and edibles they have a bar too but the back deck is very nice to watch the waves come in. There is also another bar right there that's name is drawing a blank right now. Of course Mi Yaad is near and sometimes the bar in the parking lot by Quality Traders (Green Store) has some action.

User Info Menu

The Blu Mahoe restaurant located in the Ocean Cliff Hotel is a 5-7 minute walk from Canoe. I think it is one of the most scenic places to watch a sunset. The food is excellent and it has a cute thatched roof bar too. I always call for reservations just so they know you are coming.

User Info Menu

Quality's etc. are mentioned already...then from there...
    *Bar Negril
    *Also for good food there's Swordfish & Chicken Lavish
    *Natural Mystic Bar for any televised sporting event
    *Sandra's bar
    All locations are within approx. 300m/y of walking distance from Canoe.

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone! Seems like a fun area and one we have definitely not checked out previously. Appreciate all the advice.
    Free Vybz Kartel