Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snorkeling on the Cliffs?

User Info Menu

Re: Snorkeling on the Cliffs?

We love Catcha and I really enjoy reading these stories of the past. It has been too long since our last visit there and we are ready to be back.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ol'yardie View Post
    I've seen the photo album they keep on the bar. That lone, scraggly-looking almond tree trunk makes a spectacular center pole for the bar today. Where were you hunkered down during the storm?
    Chris at Seastar put us up for safety. We probably would have been fine, but it was a generous gesture for sure!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

We've book Home Sweet Home for December. I hope the snorkeling there is as good as I think it will be!
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

Just to add somewhere different I've heard Sir D's Firewater Bar has ocean access now but haven't gone to check it out lately. It has always had a great view for sunsets. It's not always open though. When walking down Sea Star Lane to the main road turn left. If you get to the Lighthouse then you've gone too far.

User Info Menu

xtabi
    Praise Jah

User Info Menu

It's a bit further west a couple miles past the lighthouse, but Westender Inn has a very nice cove for snorkeling. There is a reef conservation project that was started by the owner some time ago and the corals and fish are abundant. The day pass is $15 usd if memory serves. There is a ladder and several nice pools, with a nice bar and restaurant on the property. The owner also culls the urchins anywhere near the ladder area, so you won't have any unpleasant surprises.