Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Magic mushrooms - consume at your own risk

User Info Menu

Magic mushrooms - consume at your own risk

Over the last few years, there's been an influx of psilocybin (magic) mushroom sellers and quite a bit of misinformation about the legalities and further questions.

This is a reminder that there aren't any government regulated or standards controlling mushroom growing, dosage, hygiene, selling or ingesting environments in Jamaica.

Psilocybin mushrooms are legal only because there are no laws at all regarding magic mushrooms in Jamaica but understand consuming these mushrooms is at your own risk.
    Again, these are private businesses/sellers of magic mushrooms and are not standards controlled by any regulating body of government.

Have fun...but please be careful. 👍

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Magic mushrooms - consume at your own risk

A cautionary bump...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Mr. and Mrs. Shrooms have an actual certificate/license to grow, sell, and facilitate therapeutic mushroom trips. Either way, if you are interested in tripping mushrooms in Negril (or anywhere else in Jamaica) just google Mr and Mrs Shrooms and call them.

I can say from personal experience, their products are exactly what they say they are, you can also tour their farm and see exactly how they grow them, the lengths they go to in order to keep them safe and contamination free, and you can choose to take a guided trip with them there. All safe, all legal, all a lot of fun and all therapeutic. I basically took some of every product they make, and a lot of certain products they make. Trust me, they are the way to go if you want to trip in Jamaica.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FearlessFlyingFrosty View Post
    Mr. and Mrs. Shrooms have an actual certificate/license to grow, sell, and facilitate therapeutic mushroom trips. Either way, if you are interested in tripping mushrooms in Negril (or anywhere else in Jamaica) just google Mr and Mrs Shrooms and call them.

I can say from personal experience, their products are exactly what they say they are, you can also tour their farm and see exactly how they grow them, the lengths they go to in order to keep them safe and contamination free, and you can choose to take a guided trip with them there. All safe, all legal, all a lot of fun and all therapeutic. I basically took some of every product they make, and a lot of certain products they make. Trust me, they are the way to go if you want to trip in Jamaica.
    Lol you must be from the 60s! Who the heck even does these? My nephew tried and landed in the hospital. I honestly don’t understand the obsession with drugs and illicit substances. But call me uber conservative which I proudly am.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BethAnn38 View Post
    Lol you must be from the 60s! Who the heck even does these? My nephew tried and landed in the hospital. I honestly don’t understand the obsession with drugs and illicit substances. But call me uber conservative which I proudly am.
    You would be surprised the demand for 'shroom based products. And you don't need to be from the 60's, there are plenty consumers from all generations.

But I want to reiterate what Lisa posted. Since there are absolutely no laws on the books about magic mushrooms, there are no regulations whatsoever.

What is posted above about Mr and Mrs Shroom is not accurate. There are no government issued "certificate/license to grow, sell, and facilitate therapeutic mushroom trips". There are no magic mushroom certificates or licenses available at all. They do have hotel, bar, restaurant and farming licenses and certificates, but nothing magic mushroom specific, other than their business name and description. The government has no rules, guidelines or regulations on the manufacture, sales, consumption, therapeutic benefits or dosage of magic mushrooms.

Last night I tried half a chocolate bar infused with shooms, and while being very tasty, it ended up being a very expensive piece of chocolate.

So consume at your risk. There are no dosage standards or requirements. Have fun but be careful!

Administrator

User Info Menu

From a Reuter's news article about Jamaica and Magic Mushroom tourism - Nov '22:

"In response to questions about ensuring the safety of those who consume psilocybin mushrooms, Health Minister Chris Tufton said: "Hard to address these questions except to say that currently the industry is not regulated and at this point there (are) no plans to."

https://www.reuters.com/world/americ...ae-2022-11-24/