Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Shipping a Document to Jamaica

User Info Menu

Shipping a Document to Jamaica

Not really a travel related question but thought I would ask here because of the wealth of experiences on Negril.com. I have a marriage register document that I need to have an apostille done. I need to courier it from Eastern Canada to the Minister of Foreign Affairs in Kingston. Prices (DHL) come up around $100 one way, so $200 return. It is just a letter sized envelope. Has anyone shipped a document and have advice on a more economical, but secure, method. TIA

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Shipping a Document to Jamaica

When I have to get a document (or anything small really) from foreign, I only use DHL or FedEx. I generally don't use the overnight option. This document sounds critical, so having someone else bring it down for you would be cheaper, but then you would have to reply on them mailing it to the Ministry. And then the Ministry would have to send it back to them, between the name difference and time to to get it back, they may already be gone. There are way too many points where a simple mistake would ruin it.

Unfortunately this is one of the things that you should not be worried about the money as much as making positive it happens. DHL is a reliable courier service and can handle all the signatures and such, so they are probably the option I would use.

Three years ago I had to get some docs from the US, and it was US$80. It was worth it for the peace of mind.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Re: Shipping a Document to Jamaica

Thanks Rob; I agree to valuable and important to not use a trusted courier. I was just hoping there might be a courier option I had missed.