Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Staying at Alfred's

User Info Menu

Staying at Alfred's

Hi everyone.

So I am heading back to Negril for my 10th visit (!!!) with my friend in October. I've typically stayed at Alfred's Ocean Palace on the beach, but the last time was about 6 years ago.

Has anyone stayed there somewhat recently? Just wanted to check and see if it's still a good spot to stay, and what the cost per room is since it's been a while and I can't find much current info elsewhere (I used to spend $60 US/night).

Thanks! -- Chris

User Info Menu

Re: Staying at Alfred's

I would look at White Sands if you are on a budget but 60$ will be a challenge. White Sands has clean rooms with wifi..AC and good bathrooms and a great location and restaurant.

User Info Menu

I didn't make it to the beach last week, but in April 2023 there was a new building under construction on Alfred's property.
    Not sure of the status of the construction, but the shell was substantially completed in April 2023.

User Info Menu

Alfreds is still a popular spot especially if you want a little night life right where you stay. I do not think you'll be able to get that same rate anymore though. The last time I priced them it was over $100/US night. I'd second White Sands or if you got a studio with kitchen or standard hotel room at Negril Beach Club Condos you can keep it under $100 US/night and have a decent room with a/c and cable. For even more budget friendly on the beach you still have Drifters but those are very basic accommodations with shared bath room facilities.