Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fligh suspended a Sangster Sept 10th

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Fligh suspended a Sangster today

Quote Originally Posted by johng View Post
    Rumlover,
    There are many wonderful things in Kingston and Portland. For years Kingston has had a bad rap among tourism in Jamaica. I personally have never had a bad incident there over the course of dozens of visits . Your 35th anniversary to Jamaica only visiting Negril means that you have missed some wonderful places elsewhere.
    Strawberry Hill is as you know a high end Chris Blackwell property nestled in the Blue Mountains above Kingston. You might find some Airbnb property offerings in the Blue Mountains that are somewhat more reasonable. The B-1 road from north end (Upper) Kingston goes up and over the Blue Mountains and past Strawberry Hill to the top a place called Hardware Gap and then down to the north coast at Buff Bay where it intersects with the A-4 road that takes you easterly towards Port Antonio and eventually all the way around the east end of the island and back to Kingston. Portland Parish is in my opinion the nicest on the island. Plenty to do in Kingston too. You might consider a trip flying in and out of Kingston which I find to be much easier to navigate than Sangster is. Rent a car and explore that end of JA!!
    And I wasn't joking about Kingston! There is an amazing diversity in "Town", everything you could want is there. Well, except the incredible laid back vibe of Negril. Kingston is like NYC but Jamaica style!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Yikes is right Fargomon'

User Info Menu

Thanks Johng and Rob. I have a lot research to do. So far thinking about 2 nights in Kingston, possibly 3 at Strawberry hill and then on to Portland Parish. I hadn’t thought about flying in and out of Kingston and hadn’t considered renting a car. I am hoping there is transportation available between Kingston and Strawberry Hill and from there to the north coast. As I said I have a lot to figure out but this trip isn’t until November 2024. I just need to get our Strawberry Hill reservations and build around it.
    Rob, I may need to buy you a few beers in November and pick your brain.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rumlover View Post
    Thanks Johng and Rob. I have a lot research to do. So far thinking about 2 nights in Kingston, possibly 3 at Strawberry hill and then on to Portland Parish. I hadn’t thought about flying in and out of Kingston and hadn’t considered renting a car. I am hoping there is transportation available between Kingston and Strawberry Hill and from there to the north coast. As I said I have a lot to figure out but this trip isn’t until November 2024. I just need to get our Strawberry Hill reservations and build around it.
    Rob, I may need to buy you a few beers in November and pick your brain.
    I often said to Rob....I'm sure if we didn't love living in the Negril area so much...Kingston would be our home.
    For many years, we were in Kingston & surrounding areas almost every single month...crazy busy times...but I loved it!!

If you fly into the Norman Manley airport in Kinston, you're right near Port Royal. It would he an incredible, historic start to a different kind of Jamaican visit.