Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Cambio locations

User Info Menu

Cambio locations

Just wondering if there are any cambios on Norman Manley blvd? We would like to exchange some Canadian dollars. We've done it at Scotia bank in the past and once in Lucea. Airport is a little costly.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Cambio locations

In our Things To Do we have a Banks, ATM, Cambios section that let's you know where all the Cambios are located. Here is direct link:

https://negril.com/banks/
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

There are. I've always found it easiest and quickest to just go downtown to one of the Chinese owned grocery stores and exchange though. Any taxi can take you for a very small fee. No ID needed and you just walk up to the floor stand they sit in and hand them the money you want to exchange. Their exchange rate is nearly the same as the bank and often better than the cambios on Norman Manley Blvd. Not to mention if you want to pick up beer or liquor their prices are usually the lowest in Negril.

User Info Menu

We used to hit the one down by Times Square, never needed an I.D. This year we hit the one in the pharmacy at the Boardwalk Shopping Village. Needed an I.D.
    Just a FYI.
    Peace, Todd & Cher

Administrator

User Info Menu

For Jamaica to be a part of international banking, the US is requiring IDs for all Cambio transactions. To prevent terrorism and money laundering...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Thanks so much. Good to know in advance.