Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air Conditioned Restaurants on 7 mile Beach

User Info Menu

Air Conditioned Restaurants on 7 mile Beach

Are there any air conditioned restaurants on or near 7 mile beach? My wife and I are staying at Charela in early november.

I've read a lot of great information on this board over the last 2 weeks and really appreciate the time that people spend helping others new to Jamaica. This is a great resource!

Thanks,
    Mike

User Info Menu

Re: Air Conditioned Restaurants on 7 mile Beach

Mathew's at the Boardwalk Shopping center has AC, great food & service!! This is 10 minute walk (if that) from Charela on the beach road. As you exit the Charela property, cross over to the sidewalk and make a left. If not it's only $5 cab ride.
    Last edited by JohnNYC; 08-26-2023 at 08:37 AM.

User Info Menu

Every restaurant on the beach that I can think of is open to the elements. As for places on the morass side of the road, Tip Top Surf and Turf has potent AC and very good food.

User Info Menu

Bongos Restaurant at the Sandy Haven Resort is air conditioned.

User Info Menu

Kenny's Italian on the beach road, hop, skip, and a small jump from Drifters for a nightcap.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phineasfreakears View Post
    Kenny's Italian on the beach road, hop, skip, and a small jump from Drifters for a nightcap.
    Kenny's has air conditioning? Last time we were there it was open air dining...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Sweet Spice, not on beach road but they have A/C. On the road to Sav before the Texaco and on the left. Great food, no bar but they let us bring in our own beer and wine. Our first meal there was in 2001 and I believe it was the only restaurant with A/C in those days.

User Info Menu

Kenny's has air conditioning? Last time we were there it was open air dining...
    Thought we sat in an A/C area, maybe it was just the rum punch...

User Info Menu

Thank you so much for the feedback folks! Rumlover, I'm really glad to hear that there's more than just 1 restarant with A/C in the area now.

One clarification. The establishments don't have to be right on the beach. They can be on the opposite side of the street or a couple blocks off the other side of the street, just so long as they are in a safe area. My wife does not take the heat well, and I'm mostly trying to find some places that we can eat where she will be comfortable. I can always go out and pickup food to eat in our room at Charela but we don't want to do that every night.

Thanks again,
    Mike

User Info Menu

We typically get our Best in the West to go, but while there last week we sat at the rear table, with 2 fans hitting us. A bit windy, but very comfortable! This is right across the street from Charela. Not fancy, but the food is great. As hot as it was outside, I couldn't help but order a cup of soup with each meal. They're soup is a huge favorite with tourist and locals alike.
    Last edited by JohnNYC; 08-28-2023 at 04:31 PM.