Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anniversary Dinner Suggestions

User Info Menu

Re: Anniversary Dinner Suggestions

Some people might find the tree table at Kuyaba to be a romantic spot. In our experience the service might suffer at times for all of the steps.

User Info Menu

We recently had 2 birthday dinners, one at The Lodge at Tensing Pen, the other at LTU, both amazing. With an appetizer, 2 main dishes, a couple drinks and a dessert, it ran about $100 - $120.

User Info Menu

Thank you all for the great suggestions...really appreciated. Someone also suggested Miss Lily's at Skylark ..thoughts?

User Info Menu

We had breakfast and lunch at Miss Lily's and the food was pretty good, but not great. Personally I wouldn't consider this a place for a romantic dinner. The atmosphere is more like a club or disco.

User Info Menu

We have had many anniversary dinners in Jamaica. My birthday and our anniversary are two days apart and we usually celebrate them in Negril.
    Funny story. We really enjoy staying at Tensing Pen. We are dog people and the dogs at Tensing love us. They would sleep on our porch and guard us. They would even bark at security at night as they did their rounds.
    We scheduled to have our anniversary dinner on the side of the cliffs on a small platform (very cool and special spot). The dogs would not let the server down the stairs. They made me put up the dogs so they could serve us. As soon as dinner was done, I went straight to the pen and let them out.
    Tensing is a great spot for a special dinner. This year we did the love nest at Catcha for our anniversary and Tensing for my birthday. Cannot go wrong with either place.

User Info Menu

I agree, Skylark's atmosphere is more like a disco without the dancing, very casual, but great food. Especially the jerk corn appetizer. Charella is great, especially the eclairs, great dinner and breakfast spot! Another vote for Ivans at Catcha. Where are you staying? Having a private dinner cooked for you may be an option.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Seamuis View Post
    I agree, Skylark's atmosphere is more like a disco without the dancing, very casual, but great food. Especially the jerk corn appetizer. Charella is great, especially the eclairs, great dinner and breakfast spot! Another vote for Ivans at Catcha. Where are you staying? Having a private dinner cooked for you may be an option.
    Thanks...staying at Travellers and have enjoyed their restaurant. Just looking at options if we wanted to do something different. We usually dine there and around Negril.
    Last edited by Ratty2141; 08-31-2023 at 10:44 AM.

User Info Menu

Almost any restaurant on the beach will set up a private table in the sand. It doesn’t get much more romantic than that.

User Info Menu

We did that one time. It was very romantic. The next morning our ankles were all chewed up and itchy. That's when we found out what sand fleas are. No problem during the day but at night...beware.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ol'yardie View Post
    We did that one time. It was very romantic. The next morning our ankles were all chewed up and itchy. That's when we found out what sand fleas are. No problem during the day but at night...beware.
    Bug spray with deet is definitely needed. We find sunset is the worst time for sand fleas. Once the sand cools they seem to disappear.