Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anniversary Dinner Suggestions

User Info Menu

Anniversary Dinner Suggestions

Coming to Negril in November and we'll be celebrating our 24th wedding anniversary while there. Where would you suggest for a nice dinner and what would be the price range there? Neither of us are big seafood lovers. We are staying on the beach road but West End restaurant would be okay too.
    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Ratty2141; 08-27-2023 at 09:32 PM.

User Info Menu

Re: Anniversary Dinner Suggestions

Beachside I'd recommend Charela Inn or Kuyaba. Dinner for two with drinks will be around $100 US, maybe a little more but nothing crazy.

West End is what I'd recommend especially for sunset. Ivans, Rockhouse, and Tensing Pen all have great views and food. Similar price range. $100-150 US would cover a nice dinner, with appetizers, and a couple drinks for two.

User Info Menu

Ditto on the West End. Ivan's for sure. Rockhouse has a few private dining nooks down at waters edge which are very romantic but our experience was that they tend to forget about you down there and your order may be cold by the time you get it. LTU Cliff is our favorite. Over the years I've seen birthdays, anniversaries, and even wedding dinners celebrated there. Let them know about your anniversary and they will fix you up. Chicken Lola and Hunter Schnitzel are great non-seafood dishes and prices are a little lower there than the others mentioned.

On the beach I agree with Kuyaba. Be sure to have coconut pie and coffee for dessert and you will be very happy.

User Info Menu

I'm not sure about prices, but you might want to look into Ivan's restaurant (at the Catcha Falling Start Resort on the Cliffs) for their Bird's Nest dining or Night of 100 Candles.

https://www.catchajamaica.com/ivan-s
    Johio

User Info Menu

My pick would be Ivan's or LTU Pub. We really like both.

User Info Menu

Yes, Kyuba hotel restaurant is known for good food and the best view. I have dined the many a time.

User Info Menu

Upstairs at Whitesands would be nice if you want to stay on the beach. The cook Courtney and his team will take care of you and if you contact him prior he will make it extra special. My 2nd pick (on the beach side) would be Kuyaba and ask for the upstairs treehouse. There you would overlook the sea and beach for a private dinner.

User Info Menu

Tough to argue with any of the above but my favorite is The Blue Mahoe restaurant located in the Ocean Cliff Hotel in the cliffs. It has an amazing view and setting and is never crowded and the food is great and every now and then the dolphins make an appearance.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Johio View Post
    I'm not sure about prices, but you might want to look into Ivan's restaurant (at the Catcha Falling Start Resort on the Cliffs) for their Bird's Nest dining or Night of 100 Candles.

https://www.catchajamaica.com/ivan-s
    We have done both night of 100 candles and Bird’s Nest. Both are amazing and and in my opinion worth the cost. The Bird’s Nest is under cover so no worries about rain. Night if 100 candles is not covered.

User Info Menu

We had an amazing anniversary dinner at Tensing Pen. Reasonable at $100-$150 unless you want to spend more. I went two days ahead of dinner and introduced myself while having a nice rum at the small bar. I explained the special occasion and dietary restrictions. They let me pick out a table. You can dine way down by the water by yourself or at a fantastic spot at the edge of dining area near the water. Excellent view of sunset and great food (off menu items sometimes available). No candles or sparklers or serenades. Just a refined and special dinner to remember!