Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exchanging money at the China Man Store / Cambio

User Info Menu

Re: Exchanging money at the China Man Store / Cambio

Thanks for the info Corey helps a lot. I just left my bank here in the US and they will give me 140J to 1usd. Might be worth doing it here just to avoid all of that.

User Info Menu

Re: Exchanging money at the China Man Store / Cambio

Quote Originally Posted by NJRob View Post
    Thanks for the info Corey helps a lot. I just left my bank here in the US and they will give me 140J to 1usd. Might be worth doing it here just to avoid all of that.
    That's better than what the airport will give you but not great. You're losing about $10 JMD per $1 USD you trade at that rate as the internet rate is around $154.60JMD to $1 USD today meaning the banks, cambios, and Chinese stores should be around $147-151 JMD to $1 USD. So if you exchanged all $2,000USD at your bank at home then you're losing out on about $20,000 JMD which is a little over $130 USD. In all honesty if you have an account with an atm card then just save yourself the hassle and use that. I usually bring down about $500 USD to start out, exchange it at the Chinese store and then just withdraw cash at the atm as needed. They're widely available around Negril these days.