Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HUGE NEWS! How about sidewalks on the West End?

Administrator

User Info Menu

HUGE NEWS! How about sidewalks on the West End?

On Tuesday, the TEF took out an ad accepting bids to fix the West End Road!!! And it will include SIDEWALKS!!!

I never thought I would live long enough hear the announcement! Almost too good to be true! A BIG Thank You to the TEF and Dr. Carey Wallace!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Re: HUGE NEWS! How about sidewalks on the West End?

Now lets hope we all live long enough to actually use them. Do you have any details of where they are starting and ending?
    Regards,
    Bob

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rjonsun View Post
    Now lets hope we all live long enough to actually use them. Do you have any details of where they are starting and ending?
    Regards,
    Bob
    No details to the general public yet, only entities making the bids on the project know the extent.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Not very good news - the bid for the West End STARTS at Hylton (past the lighthouse) and goes to the Westender.

User Info Menu

Rob, please explain why they are starting on the deep West End?
    There must be some logical explanation???

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Not very good news - the bid for the West End STARTS at Hylton (past the lighthouse) and goes to the Westender.

Administrator

User Info Menu

I am talking with Kingston as to the WTF they would upgrade an area that has so little traffic that a sidewalk isn't necessary.

When I know, I will let everyone know. But knowing Jamaica, once a project starts, stopping it is stupid. It may never be able to start again.

So for the far West End, my lucky friends, enjoy it when it is done!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I am talking with Kingston as to the WTF they would upgrade an area that has so little traffic that a sidewalk isn't necessary.

When I know, I will let everyone know. But knowing Jamaica, once a project starts, stopping it is stupid. It may never be able to start again.

So for the far West End, my lucky friends, enjoy it when it is done!
    Still no real logical answer for me, other than it has the potential to become busy in the future. I don't like the "potential" and "future" aspects of that answer.

User Info Menu

Is it possible there's a large development planned? Has there been any large land purchases out that way?

User Info Menu

It wouldn't be Negril if you didn't take your life in your hands just to walk by church corner!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MissB View Post
    It wouldn't be Negril if you didn't take your life in your hands just to walk by church corner!
    There is now a great sidewalk around church corner up to the All Age School. It would be next to impossible to have an issue there now.