Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Sire D's Firewater Lovenest

User Info Menu

Sire D's Firewater Lovenest

Headed back to Negril in October and wanted to see if Sir D's is still around. The past couple times was closed and I heard the owner sadly passed away.

We always loved that place -- such a straight up hidden gem.

Chris

User Info Menu

Re: Sire D's Firewater Lovenest

I'm not sure if it is currently operating or not. They did a remodel a couple of years ago and after that really took their prices up to about the same level as Ricks. That didn't sit well with a lot of long time patrons. I have always found that if the bar is not open to check across the street. Often times someone will come and open up.

User Info Menu

We love it too - sure hope it’s open this winter!
    Don't waste your time with explanations, people only hear what they want to hear.

User Info Menu

Had a couple in Feb of this year.
    Name:  JA 2019 (78).JPG
Views: 526
Size:  9.00 MB

User Info Menu

It is a great view. No doubt about it.

User Info Menu

WOW...that remodel looks more like a major rebuild! We heard about the place a few years ago and walked up from LTU to check it out. It was little more than a shanty then with cheap drinks and a great vibe. And it IS an outstanding perch. I guess higher prices are the cost of progress.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ol'yardie View Post
    WOW...that remodel looks more like a major rebuild! We heard about the place a few years ago and walked up from LTU to check it out. It was little more than a shanty then with cheap drinks and a great vibe. And it IS an outstanding perch. I guess higher prices are the cost of progress.
    Yep. It's definitely an improvement but for years Negril has attracted a lot of extremely budget conscious travelers, particularly in the west end. The times they are a changing. As the hippies/Baby Boomers slowly fade so does that old budget friendly Negril. These days if there is a decent view on the beach or the cliffs then you're generally going to pay for it.