Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First visit since 2017, with JA newbies.. Suggestions to eat, drink and chill!!

User Info Menu

Re: First visit since 2017, with JA newbies.. Suggestions to eat, drink and chill!!

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGong View Post
    Absolutely second Kool Vybz Jerk. Fantastic food and a great overall experience. We go there almost every day for lunch.
    How long has it been Kool Vybes? I have totally been to this place, but I am sure it was named something else. Pretty sure I had a HUGE burger with ham and an Egg and a massive plate of fries at this place for about 8 bucks back in 2012 or 13....
    “Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality . Wake Up and Live!” - Bob Marley

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: First visit since 2017, with JA newbies.. Suggestions to eat, drink and chill!!

Quote Originally Posted by walleyed99 View Post
    How long has it been Kool Vybes? I have totally been to this place, but I am sure it was named something else. Pretty sure I had a HUGE burger with ham and an Egg and a massive plate of fries at this place for about 8 bucks back in 2012 or 13....
    It's been about 7 years I think, before that it was Ahhh Beees.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

There is also a new restaurant there, Negril Top Diner, that I have heard good things about on Dumpling Lane. planning to check it out!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    It's been about 7 years I think, before that it was Ahhh Beees.
    YES!! That is what it was.. Thank you.. I knew I recognized it
    “Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality . Wake Up and Live!” - Bob Marley

User Info Menu

For your beach list I suggest adding Miss Lily’s at Skylark and on the cliffs Murphy’s provided one of our best meals in February (deep westend just before Whoopi’s hammock park). Also on the westend is the Lodge at Tensing Pen, comparable to Ivan’s. Remember half the clothes and twice the money. You may have a little sticker shock when you see how prices have increased since 2017, just as they have everywhere.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rumlover View Post
    For your beach list I suggest adding Miss Lily’s at Skylark and on the cliffs Murphy’s provided one of our best meals in February (deep westend just before Whoopi’s hammock park). Also on the westend is the Lodge at Tensing Pen, comparable to Ivan’s. Remember half the clothes and twice the money. You may have a little sticker shock when you see how prices have increased since 2017, just as they have everywhere.
    Thank you Rumlover!! I suspected that when booking we might have a bit of surprise at how much things have gone up. We will add your suggestions to the list. We have 12 days to wander and show our Jamaican Newbies around, we're looking forward to it. First stop after checking in will be a trip to the Hi low for some Rum, Redstrip and a few other essentials. Then we can go from there

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by walleyed99 View Post
    First stop after checking in will be a trip to the Hi low for some Rum, Redstrip and a few other essentials. Then we can go from there
    The Hi Lo has moved into a new location at the Boardwalk Shopping Village...almost across the road from Treehouse.

User Info Menu

Bnewb: I've located the Boardwalk Shopping village, on Google Maps but don't see a Hi Lo market in it. Can you provide the name of a store that is next to the Hi Lo?

Thanks,
    Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mbec22 View Post
    Bnewb: I've located the Boardwalk Shopping village, on Google Maps but don't see a Hi Lo market in it. Can you provide the name of a store that is next to the Hi Lo?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Hilo is way in the back, behind all the smaller shops. You won't miss it.

User Info Menu

Thanks JohnNYC.