Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First visit since 2017, with JA newbies.. Suggestions to eat, drink and chill!!

User Info Menu

Re: First visit since 2017, with JA newbies.. Suggestions to eat, drink and chill!!

Quote Originally Posted by walleyed99 View Post
    Looks like we'll have to go for the 2 for 1 wings and rum punch then if they are still running that special. Too bad the Seastar doesn't have the buffet and band anymore, we always enjoyed the evening and assortment of Bordies we bumped into when we went.
    Begona (across from the NoLimit) has a Wednesday Wing Special

User Info Menu

Re: First visit since 2017, with JA newbies.. Suggestions to eat, drink and chill!!

Walleyed99,

Welcome back!

Some changes, some things have not changed.

I have travelled the Caribbean for over 40 years, and Jamaica for over 30 Years.
    Things change and some remain the same.

The vibe in Negril is still there if you know where to look.

For me, I'm blessed with several Jamaican friends who show me where to go for the experience I seek in Negril.'

I understand this isn't for everyone...

A night at CC's in the Fisherman's Village off of Seastar Lane and One Love Drive (formerly known as the West End Road).
    Buying a few rounds and a few q's of rum for the crew, is the absolute best!

Maximum respect to the Old Boardies from the old black and green who showed me the way!

And other comments:

As Bnewb said (1st time I agreed with BNEWB), the NEW Hi Lo is at the back of Boardwalk Villlage across from Tree House.
    Very Very Nice store for shopping. NCB ATM/Bank is out front for convenient $$$.
    As JohnNYC said, Hi Lo is in the back of the property, but is "NO PROBLEM" to walk back there for groceries.

Respect,

VVHT aka Happy

User Info Menu

I never knew it was called Fisherman's Village but have hung out there several times. Can get a little dicey at night. The path from Sea Star Inn over to it is interesting especially after dark.

User Info Menu

Agreed on the at night walk from Seastar. Last time we asked for a ride and they gave us one to Catcha.
    Free Vybz Kartel

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGong View Post
    Agreed on the at night walk from Seastar. Last time we asked for a ride and they gave us one to Catcha.
    I hear ya, we've walked it many times. Only once did we have what could have become a bad experience... We had a couple younger guys join us on the walk and the younger one kept trying to get behind us while the other tried to keep our attention. Didn't t feel right at the time, or now thinking back. They got chased away and we hustled the rest of the way to Seastar.
    “Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality . Wake Up and Live!” - Bob Marley

Administrator

User Info Menu

For a much better local experience, be sure to stop at Red Dragon in Red Ground. Coldest beer, best conversation and as local as it gets!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    For a much better local experience, be sure to stop at Red Dragon in Red Ground. Coldest beer, best conversation and as local as it gets!
    And the best jerk pork on the island, but it goes quick!
    It's a 2 minute walk off the traffic circle.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Rob, it is definitely on the List for a few visits!!
    “Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality . Wake Up and Live!” - Bob Marley

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGong View Post
    I meant the little path into Fisherman's Village that brings you in by a fence. It's a side entrance into it that is accessible by foot only. A lady I knew that does extended stays down there was doing a long term rental there and would often hangout at Sea Star drinking wine until late so I walked her back to her place a few times.
    Last edited by Corey K; 09-29-2023 at 12:20 PM.

User Info Menu

Agreed, “The Gauntlet” into Fisherman’s Village can be dicey under the best of circumstances!
    Going back to Seastar after a few can be a real challenge!!