Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: First visit since 2017, with JA newbies.. Suggestions to eat, drink and chill!!

User Info Menu

First visit since 2017, with JA newbies.. Suggestions to eat, drink and chill!!

Hello Boardies!!!

We are heading back to Negril in January 2024, first trip since 2017 and we are bringing JA and Negril Newbies.... We are looking to show them a good time, check out some old favorites for drinks, eats, and chilling on the beach and on the cliffs. Going to be staying at Kuyaba on the beach, and Home sweet home on the cliffs. Planning on taking in Lenberts Pub Crawl, is the Seastar still got a live show and buffet on Saturday or Sunday? Likely a couple nice meals at Kuyaba and Ivans (2 of our favorite nice dinners). What else can everyone suggest. We went to Jamaica for many years, then decided we needed a break and wanted to check out some places in Mexico and did so. Both my wife and I have missed Jamaica dearly and are looking to show our friends a great time. Looking for suggestions, we'll be doing a budget friendly trip with a little bit of fancy mixed in. Would love to hear your suggestions.

Thanks, in advance.
    W99
    “Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality . Wake Up and Live!” - Bob Marley

User Info Menu

Re: First visit since 2017, with JA newbies.. Suggestions to eat, drink and chill!!

As of last season, Seastar didn't have their Saturday show going but I found their band playing at Charela on Saturday nights.
    Go Bills!

User Info Menu

Re: First visit since 2017, with JA newbies.. Suggestions to eat, drink and chill!!

I recommend you add a dinner at Swordfish. It has an ocean view and good food with a lower price point than Ivans. Also in the West End check out Kool Vybz Jerk. It's probably the best restaurant jerk available in Negril. There is also another restaurant I like in the west end called Pablos that isn't too expensive. Ciao has very good pizza in the west end. For a casual inexpensive lunch with local fare on the beach road I'd go with Sweet Spot. Downtown budget spots with local fare that I recommend would be Winners, Corner Bar, and Rocky's.

User Info Menu

I would also add Sweet Spice, Chicken Lavish and Canoe Bar to the list of good places to eat!

User Info Menu

Three Dives for grilled lobster on the cliffs

User Info Menu

Absolutely second Kool Vybz Jerk. Fantastic food and a great overall experience. We go there almost every day for lunch.
    Free Vybz Kartel

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    As of last season, Seastar didn't have their Saturday show going but I found their band playing at Charela on Saturday nights.
    Looks like we'll have to go for the 2 for 1 wings and rum punch then if they are still running that special. Too bad the Seastar doesn't have the buffet and band anymore, we always enjoyed the evening and assortment of Bordies we bumped into when we went.
    “Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality . Wake Up and Live!” - Bob Marley

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Corey K View Post
    I recommend you add a dinner at Swordfish. It has an ocean view and good food with a lower price point than Ivans. Also in the West End check out Kool Vybz Jerk. It's probably the best restaurant jerk available in Negril. There is also another restaurant I like in the west end called Pablos that isn't too expensive. Ciao has very good pizza in the west end. For a casual inexpensive lunch with local fare on the beach road I'd go with Sweet Spot. Downtown budget spots with local fare that I recommend would be Winners, Corner Bar, and Rocky's.
    We have only eaten at Swordfish once and enjoyed it. I always seem to forget about going there. I have to agree, have to add that one to the list.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ratty2141 View Post
    I would also add Sweet Spice, Chicken Lavish and Canoe Bar to the list of good places to eat!
    I have been to Canoe, totally plan on having Breakfast there for sure, likely a few drinks and maybe a supper as well. I think we have been to sweet spice, but can't be certain and have not been to Chicken Lavish, but will try and hit that place as well... Depends on how bad the Sand Gravity kicks in....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ol'yardie View Post
    Three Dives for grilled lobster on the cliffs
    Oh yeah, FOR SURE!!