Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: US Citizen moving to Negril???

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: US Citizen moving to Negril???

Quote Originally Posted by Ratty2141 View Post
    Kevin....this might be of interest to you
    www.rosesgardenvillas.com
    Rose's is a new property designed with families or a group of travelers in mind. It looks to be a single building with 4 rooms and a common area. There is no security on site. I don't think it meets any of Kevin's needs for a long term stay.

Since he would have just one room, he would be subjected to different tourists for shorter time periods. And while this isn't mentioned a lot, sometimes it is the other tourists you have to wary of with your belongings.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Anyone have knowledge of Orange Bay Country Club?

User Info Menu

Roses Garden is an excellent, tranquil place to stay. Mom and Pop reside in the main house, while the villa is managed by the adult children from a far. I’ve stayed at Roses 3 times. Initially it was designed to house multiple guests in separate bedrooms with shared full kitchen and living area. After working through kinks, you can now rent the entire space for yourself which ensures you’re not sharing any space - the villa is all yours! WiFi, washing machine and coffee bar are included. While there is no ‘official’ security there is always someone at the gate. You’ll have the whole place to yourself including veranda with table/chairs, chickens roam the property and at night the tree crickets sing you into a peaceful sleep.

Highly recommend Roses Garden Villa. Centrally located on the Blvd.

If you need contact information, please message me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by k4adams View Post
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank You Rob -- yes, indeed -- security is main priority -- I love the idea of isolated bungalow by the cliffs, but this is not the 70's anymore. I have a flight down on 20th next week. Thanks All - perhaps we can meet up somewhere. One of my first visits is always to Tony's hut and take some some treats to Wanda - their resident master.
    I know I tend to harp a little about The Point Village, but we found paradise there. PV is a gated community, protected by water on 3 sides, 24-7 security, one entrance in and one entrance out. The grounds are beautiful with a very nice walking path for your early morning walk (all while secure in gate). 2 beaches (with 1 clothing optional) pickleball/ tennis court and a pool. I cant say enough about this place.

User Info Menu

Good morning . The Orange bay country club has some new homes under construction,very beautiful and modern however, I am uncertain if it's the same company as the original homes . The property has 24hr security at the main entrance. In the little town area which is a walking distance away ,you have supermarkets , pharmacies, Bill payments , gas station etc...You also have people that drive around on the scheme that sell fresh fruits and vegetables. Hope this was of some help !

User Info Menu

k4adams,

I'll be down on Oct 21st if you want to meet for drinks or meals.

Highly recommend you download the APP WhatsApp
    Everyone in Negril uses that app for texting and calls.
    Taxi Drivers
    Restaurants
    Hotels
    Rob
    Me
    Etc....

User Info Menu

I will indeed download whatsapp between now and next friday -- been asked many times if i have on past visits. I'm staying at point village -- i like the security, and to me, it a good walk to sunbeach and marg. I hope to have Rob showing me around, but I do make a damn good cajon chicken alfredo if I can get some block parm. Perhaps a dinner or 2 at the point during the week?

User Info Menu

I saw block parm at the Hilo last week and Sunbeach is our spot. If you see a blue Suzuki (Jeep) there, then we're there. See you soon.

User Info Menu

So I got the whattsapp installed on phone - damn I feel vintage

User Info Menu

You'll need it! Some Jamaicans only use WhatsApp. My number is 876-423-5479