Hello All,
Been a long time since I've posted anything, or even viewed the Negril board. I apologize in advance, as this is going to be a long and emotional post, at least for me. I am looking at moving to Negril from the US and need advise, but I got to tell my story first, sorry.
I've started coming to JA in late 90's -- Bob Seger 'Sunspot Baby' is what made me want to come to Negril. I've been to manty other Carib islands, but nothing compares to JA, for me. Over the course of 30 years, I've stayed at numerous spots along the beach and cliffs, although while Blue Cave Castle was open, that was my go to. I'm not sure exactly how many trips I've been down - quit counting long ago, and impossible to tell by looking at passport now, as they don't stamp, but I'd guess just under 30. In fact, I was in JA when they quit stamping, so if you look at my passport, it would appear that I'm still there from my 2021 or so trip. I've been down during every month of the calendar, and used to spend the entire month of Oct.
I live in eastern KY, in the mountains. While far from a Carib environment, I've created my own Island paradise on top of mountain, and it IS a true Shangri-La. With sunset views that rival those from the Cliffs, I have acres of flowers and complete privacy. From rabbits to bears, I have all the wildlife you'd ever imagine here, with lots of stories to behold. While the complete isolation provides solace, it is also a double edge sword. Isolation can induce craziness, if not already present. I moved to this mountain top to escape society that was driving me crazy, and I built a paradise that friends and visitors marvel at. Paradise comes with a price however.
Seven years and 2 months ago, I acquired Flop. Flop was a bassett/beagle mix that "fell into my hands" by grace of god. Flop came into my life at a time that was crucial for my survival, and he became the reason for my living. I know lots will not understand that, and that's fine, but there's a lot that would help to make it more clear, but just know, that he was my world. Other than my once or twice visits to JA, Flop went everywhere with me. Traveled to 47 states & Canada - Pacific coast 3 times - every single trip off the mountain, Flop was with me. I survived an attempted murder in Colorado during pandemic travel because of this boy - he was my hero.
Last Wednesday, a pack of pit bulls that belong to the neighborhood meth dealer that lives over the hill about 1/4 mile away, attacked Flop right here on our property. I'm still in a state of shock. He was ripped apart, as is my whole world. The pit bulls belong to a piece of **** that just got out of prison a few years ago after molesting a toddler, but he's now the community meth dealer. I love my eastern kentucky, I love my paradise I created, and I love a lot of people and heritage of my region. But, it's time to move on. Flop is every where I look on this mountain - I can't escape his memory. And while I don't want to ever forget my boy, it's just ****in unbearable here. The only times in the last 7 years that I didn't carry him to bed wit me is when I vacationed in JA and had someone to come here and stay with him in HIS home. I've got to get off this hill.
I am looking at opinions, thoughts, comments, and advise on moving to Negril. I realize everything is still fresh, but I feel I need to move fast.
Please give me info on SAFE locations for housing in Negril area for purchase or long term lease. Thanks

KevinName:  Flop_EarMuff.jpg
Views: 996
Size:  146.2 KB