Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 55 more sleeps!

User Info Menu

55 more sleeps!

Hello, it’s nice to be back on the board!
    I’ve been gone so long that I had to re-register!!
    After 10 long years we’re finally going back to our favorite place “White Sands” Dec 11-18.

We were hoping to get a hold of the driver we used for many years but both his cell & home #’s don’t go through. Can anyone tell me if Leon Spence is still driving? He used to hang out at white sands when not busy, maybe he still does!

Thanks for any info you can give.
    BTW…I’ve really enjoyed reading all the posts from the last few months, it helps build the excitement for our trip back. (Not that I need it!) and get an idea of what still there and what has changed!

User Info Menu

Re: 55 more sleeps!

Added you to the latest RollCall...
    Go Bills!

User Info Menu

Just to give you a little info about me….my husband and I booked our first trip to Mobay for our 10 year anniversary While there we took a day trip to Negril. Wow, was I glad we did that because we both fell in love with that part of the island and for the next 15 or so years that’s where we went, once, sometimes twice a year. We’ve brought family & friends on some of those trips so they could see why we loved this place so much!
    We’ve stayed at Coco La Palm, T-Water, Xtabi, White Sands & some place down by Gardinia (can’t think of the name right now, maybe Palms!!) with White Sands being our fav!
    During our trips to Negril we met some great people who also had a love for the island and some wonderful locals who were more than happy to show us a good time!! We been lucky enough to be asked for dinner at local friends home in the hills with family. We also had the privilege of going to a locals street dance where we saw a lot of locals we met & had fun with on the beach. We listened to some good, loud music, had plenty of drinks and excellent food! After our long absence I’m sorry to say we lost contact with many of those people but who knows, maybe we’ll run into them!
    We usually go to Negril in Feb but have also been there in Dec, Jan & March!
    I see a few of you will be at WS when we’re there so Hopefully we’ll see you at some point!!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Just spoke with Leon, he can't wait to here from you! His number is 1 (876) 866-6099

http://www.negriltaxi.com/
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Negril96,

Welcome back!

Please use the app WhatsApp for communicating with Leon.
    An international call on cell will cost him $$. Using WhatsApp is free.

Enjoy,

VVHT aka Happy

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VVHT View Post
    Negril96,

Welcome back!

Please use the app WhatsApp for communicating with Leon.
    An international call on cell will cost him $$. Using WhatsApp is free.

Enjoy,

VVHT aka Happy
    Do NOT use WhatsApp, that is not his WhatsApp number. Just call him direct.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Great, hope to cross paths with a few of you while there!

User Info Menu

Thanks Rob for the info. That’s the number we have, along with his home phone. When neither one worked I thought maybe he changed numbers but now I know it was just a senior moment and has to do with how my phone is set-up! I’ll look into it and get a hold of him.

User Info Menu

We will be at WS at the same time. Along with our best friends and their son and our daughter and son in law.
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

Nice, looking forward to meeting you!