Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New online customs form

User Info Menu

Re: New online customs form

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    And you need to do it before you arrive.
    Hello Rob How many days ahead of arrival can we fill them out?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Seamuis View Post
    No sir!

I will say that they keep changing the process with no notice or instructions. We go twice a year and have not missed any trips, not even through covid. It used to be when you did the online form there was no confirmation, nor were you to go to the kisoks!

This has all changed with little to no communication. Now when you do the form you are emailed a confirmation. Additionally when you reach the arrivals hall, you DO go to the kisok, which takes your picture an prints the white slip you keep with your passport. No one seemed to pay much attention to the white slip, nor did they collect it when we departed.
    We skipped the kiosk, got in line, immigration asked a couple questions & we were on our way ~

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NegrilorBust View Post
    We skipped the kiosk, got in line, immigration asked a couple questions & we were on our way ~
    When did you travel? Was this recently? Does an agent direct you one way or the other; left for the kiosk, straight for the counters?
    Johio

User Info Menu

Even with Club MoBay we had to scan our passports and have our picture taken at the Kiosk. Then you take your receipt from immigration agent, they check your name off the list and say welcome.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Johio View Post
    When did you travel? Was this recently? Does an agent direct you one way or the other; left for the kiosk, straight for the counters?
    Last month (October 13 arrival) ~ we told the agent we did the "on-line" form & he told us to just get in line, seeing our info was already in their system. Everyone in line with us, was told the same thing.
    Last edited by NegrilorBust; 11-21-2023 at 03:22 PM.

User Info Menu

hello rob. i sent mine in about 2 weeks ago but did not get a reply email. should i resubmit using the link you provided

User Info Menu

3 weeks ago we arrived having filled out the online form. We went to the kiosk which was pretty quick, but the line for immigration was backed up that far. We waited in line for close to 40 minutes and when we got to the front of the line they just looked at our kiosk photo form and passed us through. I asked why such the long wait and the reply was that very few people are using the online form. There should have been signage to direct those with online forms to skip the long line. Jamaica needs to do a better in promoting this and helping people who do comply to get out of the airport ASAP. Our driver was waiting and an hour and forty five minutes later we arrive on the cliffs. We only made one stop to change some money. I don't know how people can only come to Negril for a week knowing that you lose an entire day coming and going.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rjonsun View Post
    3 weeks ago we arrived having filled out the online form. We went to the kiosk which was pretty quick, but the line for immigration was backed up that far. We waited in line for close to 40 minutes and when we got to the front of the line they just looked at our kiosk photo form and passed us through. I asked why such the long wait and the reply was that very few people are using the online form. There should have been signage to direct those with online forms to skip the long line. Jamaica needs to do a better in promoting this and helping people who do comply to get out of the airport ASAP. Our driver was waiting and an hour and forty five minutes later we arrive on the cliffs. We only made one stop to change some money. I don't know how people can only come to Negril for a week knowing that you lose an entire day coming and going.
    Definitely nothing consistent about entry nor exit procedures at Sangster. In the Spring used the electronic form and was told to bypass the kiosk. In the fall agent insisted we use the kiosk. No one paid much head to the form printed by the kiosk. On departure they did not take the form. In line to board our departure flight one agent checked our passports and scanned our boarding passes, so we thought is okay to put those away, nope! A seocnd agent did the same. Crazy.