Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Trip Report

User Info Menu

Trip Report

Nothing too exciting compared to many members here on the board, but if anything I wanted to say thanks to everyone for all of the help. Been a member for a few years now and this board is my go-to for information, etc.

Visited at the end of October, stayed again at Catcha. Catcha was, as usual, great. Nobody was there! Nor was anyone anywhere it seemed beyond at the airport. Did not use Club MoBay and glad we did not. Breezed thru customs and were in and out of the airport in a very short time. Ride to Negril was not the best as we had to wait for construction, I believe in Lucea. Can't remember but we sat in traffic for what seemed like 30 minutes.

Prior to that our driver suggested we stop at Scotchies (the newer one on the way to Negril). We won't be back. Big mistake and I will not repeat it. We normally get The Pork Pit to go, which I have always enjoyed, but wanted to see what our driver suggested. Big mistake!

Rest of the trip was pretty uneventful. We had not been to Murphy's before and ended up eating there twice. Spicy, but so good! Kool Vybes is always a favorite for us as the guy who runs it (I always forget his name) is such a great guy, works hard and the food is consistently good. We did stop for a beer next door at Shark's prior to eating at Tensing Pen which was fun. Good people there, the staff/owner that is. The rum cake at Tensing Pen was unbelievable! I asked, via email, for the recipe but no dice. If I could get two recipes it would be for the rum cake at Tensing Pen and the jerk shrimp from Murphy's. Both were outstanding!

We did spend a day at the beach at Woodstock, which was very pleasant. Again, nobody was there which is fine with us. The beach was virtually empty. Wife likes to soak up the sun in all her glory, those that were there were very respectful. We did take a trip to Lethe and were not impressed. It was our last day and kind of ended the trip on a sour note. The rafting was not what we expected by any means. Oh well, live and learn! The best part was that we took the hills back to Negril and had a fantastic lunch at Border Jerk. Fantastic food and loved the drive through the hills. After so many times going to and from MoBay on the A1 it was great to see something very different. The new portion of the highway is amazing, night and day different.

Anyway, an overall great trip, very relaxing and always great to spend quality time with my wife. Thanks everyone for all of the advice! Unfortunately we did not make it to Red Ground and our planned pub crawl, but there's always next year!!
    Free Vybz Kartel

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report

I'm hungry for Border Jerk now 🤤

User Info Menu

Tuffgong,

We may have crossed paths at the end of October!

Thanks for positing!

Enjoy,

VVHT aka Happy

User Info Menu

Sounds like a fun trip! I would like to do the mountain route back to the airport and see some different scenery. Thanks for sharing!