Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Restaurant Reviews.

User Info Menu

Restaurant Reviews.

Restaurant Reviews
    We always stay on the west end and normally eat at places that we can safely walk to even after dark. Unless there won't be a colorful sunset we don't head out to dinner before 6:15 or so. If possible we spend an hour watching the sunset and follow that with dinner. We always take a flashlight and try to wear light color clothing for walking home.
    My Father's Place
    As is our custom, the first night in Negril we head to Pablo's Restaurant for a good Jamaican meal. The problem was that Pablo's was closed up tighter than a drum and we thought he might have gone out of business. So we headed back toward the L&M store and found a new little restaurant called “My Father's Place”. We had a cozy dining spot and the food was very good. Unfortunately the menu is small and during our 16 day stay only saw it open a few times. Definitely worth a try.
    Regards,
    Bob

Name:  DSCN9693.JPG
Views: 863
Size:  3.47 MB

Name:  DSCN9696.JPG
Views: 838
Size:  3.42 MB

Name:  DSCN9697.JPG
Views: 855
Size:  6.64 MB

User Info Menu

Re: Restaurant Reviews.

Jus' Natural
    We always try to make an appearance at Jus' Natural each reach. Because it is so far on the west end we try to incorporate it with a trip to Barney's Hummingbirds. We took a route taxi to the end of the route and walked the short distance to Jus' Natural. It was just before 9 AM and they weren't open yet so we just walked down the road for a 2 hour stay at Barney's. Unfortunately we didn't see many hummingbirds this time. Maybe we should try late afternoon for more activity. We walked back up the road and were so happy Jus' Natural was open. The food is always good and fresh. Although the portions are not huge, the price is very reasonable. And the fresh made juices always hit the spot. What an eclectic restaurant. After breakfast we started walking towards Rick's and got a little passed the lighthouse before a route taxi picked us up.
    Regards,
    Bob

Name:  DSCN9962.JPG
Views: 836
Size:  3.49 MB

Name:  DSCN9965.jpg
Views: 820
Size:  2.58 MB

Name:  DSCN9966.jpg
Views: 803
Size:  1.60 MB

Name:  DSCN9972.JPG
Views: 794
Size:  7.27 MB

User Info Menu

Blossom's
    Blosson's is a little place downtown that our friend Markie introduced us to a few years ago. It is almost across the street from the Negril Fire House on the road up to Red Dragon. There is no sign out front, but it is a pink storefront. We have only had breakfast there but they do serve other meals. We have never seen a tourist in the restaurant but the locals sure know about the place. Meals available are on the chalk board which may change daily, gets erased when the last portion is sold and it is not a large menu. The prices are the cheapest I have encountered and the food is good. They have 3 sizes to choose from: small, medium and large. No ambiance, but man, you are local!
    Regards,
    Bob

Name:  DSCN0008.JPG
Views: 806
Size:  3.45 MB

Name:  DSCN0063.JPG
Views: 786
Size:  3.30 MB

Name:  DSCN0066.jpg
Views: 765
Size:  1.30 MB

Name:  DSCN0271.JPG
Views: 790
Size:  3.42 MB

Name:  DSCN0272.JPG
Views: 802
Size:  3.38 MB
    Attached Images Attached Images     

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Thanks again for the great info and pics. I will definitely be stopping by Blossoms when I reach in February. I really want to try to check out more of the small off the beaten path or roadside cook shops. People cooking on wheel rims with wood or coal etc. As you said, be local!

User Info Menu

Bob, great reviews and photos!

Thanks for taking the time!

Enjoy,

VVHT aka Happy

User Info Menu

So glad Jus Natural brought out the checker boards again. Last couple times we were there, they were not out 'because of COVID'.