Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Restaurant reviews Part 2

User Info Menu

Restaurant reviews Part 2

Chicken Lavish
    We have been going to Chicken lavish for a number of years. The fried chicken is usually the best around but once on this visit it was quite overdone. Last year on a longtime westenders recommendation I tried the thick and juicy pork chop dinner and was impressed. The best pork chop I've had in Negril and this year didn't disappoint. We had the conch soup once and it too was fantastic. Doc's prices are some of the most reasonable on the west end. One of our “go to” places.

Regards,
    Bob

Name:  DSCN9930.JPG
Views: 547
Size:  3.46 MB

Name:  DSCN9931.JPG
Views: 547
Size:  3.24 MB

User Info Menu

Re: Restaurant reviews Part 2

Vinnie's or Vinies” Restaurant
    Vinnie's is a fairly long walk for us after dark but I wanted to see if the food was as good as it was at the beach location. I had stopped in a few days earlier around noon to ask if you could see the sunset from the restaurant and was assured you could. The day we decided to try them out there was not a very good sunset but even if there was you couldn't see it at this time of year. The restaurant was very nice and the waitstaff were the most efficient, friendly and accommodating we found. The food was very good to and the prices were below average. I got the oxtail one night and was very happy with the selection. The conch soup had great taste but could have used a little more conch. A great place for dinner on the west end and we will eat there again.
    Regards,
    Bob

Name:  DSCN0281.JPG
Views: 544
Size:  2.97 MB

Name:  DSCN9752.JPG
Size:  3.24 MB

Name:  DSCN0277.JPG
Views: 556
Size:  3.41 MB

Name:  DSCN9753.JPG
Views: 530
Size:  3.35 MB

Name:  DSCN0279.JPG
Size:  3.36 MB

User Info Menu

Irie Spot
    Well, they may have the best tacos in Negril but that didn't make up for the super slow service even by Jamaican standards. Just to be fair, it was taco Tuesday and the place was busy. If you are into having multiple beers while waiting you might not mind but as non drinkers we would rather eat and be on our way. Taco Tuesday makes the place bargained priced, but I'm not sure I would pay that much if it wasn't 2-4-1. I broke my first rule which is to eat only Jamaican food while in Negril.
    Regards,
    Bob

User Info Menu

More yummy looking food and more places we haven't eaten at yet. We have to get out and try new places on our next visit! Thanks for the food photos!