Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trip Report????

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report????

My view from 38,000 feet.

User Info Menu

This is on the beach road. Very cool walk to the the ocean.

User Info Menu

The Italian patties at Miss Sonia’s are so good

User Info Menu

Tuesday Nov. 28. Up at sunrise. {Jorgy arrives sometime tonight}. Luciano concert tonight. Went for a great swim. Swam by Damian from Woodstock. Interesting guy. Quick shower. Gonna jog/walk downtown to find Blossum's restaurant as previously discovered by Bob in his restaurant reviews post. That Bob and his wife are such trailblazers. Adventuruers {sp}. Nice folks, . Take off down the road & sidewalk, man, it's getting hotter and hotter. But, workin' on de suntan mon'. The beach road is real busy. I did have to ask about Blossums location. At the gas station. The lady said just up a likkle bit from the Negril Fire station. Felt good that the Fire Station is right by the gas filling station. Found Blossums. One other fella was in there. I met Blossum, asked her what was for breakfast, she rattled off a couple things, and Franks & Beans for breakfast sounded good, with a side of callaloo. Didn't take long, and out came Blossum with the plate of franks & beans, callaloo, plus boiled and fried dumplings, cooked green bananas, yam and sweet potato!!! Quite a feast for breakfast, But, I was hungry, and almost finished it all. Fantastic meal. Healthy . Cheap $700 ja. A nice tip followed, and said goodbye to Blossum.

User Info Menu

Walked further on up the road, up to Red Dragon. Spoke briefly with Gardo, but the beer truck was there, with a big delivery. Then down to Collette's . She's so nice.

Then , it was a long jog/walk back to WB, and man, it's getting HOT HOT HOT!!! It's only about noon. Still have plans for the rest of the day. Vinnie's is supposed to have music today with Chicago Joe. Isax too maybe? Should lay down for a bit. That was a long haul. Like the REO Speedwagon song..."Keep Pushin' Keep pushin"

User Info Menu

Blossom fills your plate cheap. Glad the farmer found this spot.
    Regards,
    Bob

User Info Menu

Great pics! That food looks delicious!

User Info Menu

Remember, when I said, "it's good to know people". I asked my neighbor Shay, {that nice couple from Minnesota} If he could give me a ride on his new motor scooter up to Lenbert's place up Bella Donna Lane. So yeah, off we go. All is well. He drops me off, Lenbert is replacing the water pump on his car. After that was done, he gave me a ride to Vinnie's in his BMW. Now, you all know what that stands for?? Bob Marley/Wailers. Yamon'. There was no music at Vinnie's. Chicago Joe couldn't make it, I guess. Next music will be on Sunday, So, Lenbert had lunch there. Then gave me a ride back to WB. Took another walk to the Hi-Lo. Got some stuff. Gonna go to Blue Skies at 7:30 or so. Jorgy got in at 7:30. so the 3 of us walk down the beach. {Chef Kevin was excited}. Nice crowd at Blue Skies. It worked. Marvelous and Mark Irie performed with Allan Ranks as MC. Luciano came on about 12:15. I was really tired, after a very long fun-filled day. I left after seeing Luciano for about a half hour. Jorgy and Kevin stayed. I heard Jorgy come crashing into the room about 2:15??

Kevin is glad he got his picture taken with Luciano. Tuesday comes to a close.

User Info Menu

We once went to a show at Bella Donna's to see Gregory Isaacs. Miss Bella's yard was a great venue and Indika Band was good as always but when we left at about 2:30 a.m. there was still no Gregory. The next day I heard Gregory showed up around 6:30 after everybody had left and Miss Bella was so angry that she made him sleep it off on a table in the yard. At least Luciano made it to his show (lol).

User Info Menu

Great report and photos!

More please!!

Enjoy,

VVHT aka Happy