Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trip Report????

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report????

Wednesday: Up at the crack of dawn again. {We know a plumber, and his name is Don}...I'm gettin' ready to head out, brushing my teeth etc. and Jorgy gets up, heads to the bathroom, we say our "good mornings". He's peeing away, and then , it's total silence. Well. that's a little strange. I call out "Jorgy"..I look in his bedroom, not there, I go down to our 2nd bathroom {with the au natural shower}. He's not there either. Hmmmm... then I walk past my bedroom, and boom, there he is faced down spread eagle on MY BED!!! No big deal...I'm leaving anyway. He might of had a few Red Stripes last night. Took a walk/jog down to CSA. It's hot already. I'm on a mission to see Colleen at CSA. She works there. Her mother Camesha wanted Ladies "roll-on" deodorant and pain-pills aspirin. That was my mission completed for Camesha. Colleen is pregant, and is due soon. Soon come mon'. Went to Hi-Lo again. Getting to be a habit. Bought a couple bananas. Headed back down, stopped by Firefly for the great appetizers from 12 to 2. Ordered the fish fritters. The dude from "Toke n Tour was there. We've talked about doing his tour for years now. Just a matter of me coughing up the 80 bucks!! But, we do have some cool discussions about randum stuff. It's hot hot hot. Jorgy is up, and is a likkle hung over mon' . He admitted that he did the first "dumb" thing to happen between the two of us. We hung out on the beach with a guy named Peter. A Jamaican , who lives in New York City. He has lots of stories. And we've got lots of questions. Then Jorgy is joined by his friend Ikon. New phone for Ikon. Then we walked down to the Boat Bar. Music today. Otis is scheduled. I brought some "special" trumpet oil for Frank. Nothin' but de best for Frank! It was a so-so crowd. Where's Skip and Ernie??? I was bored, already put in quite a day. Walk back down the beach, with my left over fish fritters from Firefly. You get a lot. They are so good and rich. I have all good intentions of re-heating the fritters tomorrow, along with a left-over patti, cheese, sugar cane. Left over Ital stew etc. Remember, we got a big fridge. I walked back to WB. Hung out in the room, read some more in a new Bob Marley book. Paperback, easy to take on the plane. Jorgy and ikon came back. Jorgy 's havin' a few beers. Then we walk over to Coletta's for a snack. I had the Red Peas & chicken soup. {Big Bowl}. Ikon & Jorgy have the fried chicken.. Always great food at Coletta's. There are lots of Canadian folks here in Negril. God bless you good folks from Canada EH??? Sorry, just had too. Then, I always ask the guy. "How many times have you seen RUSH?" They always seem to know, the correct amount of times. Just like I know the amount of times we've been to Negril. Roots Bamboo has live music tonight. Nah, just can't do it mon" It's been a heckofa long day, and it was really HOT HOT HOT. Jorgy and Ikon went down there, I think.

Peter, from New York.

User Info Menu

Continuing on....Thursday..Up at sunrise, Beach walk/jog right away. Went down to NBBC. That's where Skip is holed up.... Found him, Skip made coffee. He didn't know a whole heck of a lot of stuff, so said goodbyes. Went back for a great swim. Later, this afternoon Jorgy and I go to Clive n Judith's cold beer joint just past Likkle London. Went for another walk/jog down to the grocery store. It's hot again mon'. Bought bananas & juice. Trying to eat healthy for the marathon. Time to go to Clive & Judy's. Roundy is our taxi guy, then we go to pick up Misti Memphis to go along as a guest . Nice ride to Likkle London, Arrive at the cold beer joint. Looks like a nice gathering. Lovely family {have been here many times before}. Jorgy has a long history with Clive n Judy, as they used to sell beer on the beach out of a cooler. Long time ago. They are Jorgy's Jamaican family. They have four wonderful kids. Stacy [who lives in Minneapolis}. Shelly, Mickey and Prince. Judy's 80 year old mother was there. She remembers everything! Clive is a great cook, and fed us All the curried chicken & rice & peas. a nice time. If you are on your way to Sav, be sure and stop by Clive n Judith's cold beer joint. Right before the bridge, left hand side of the road. Got back about 7:30, went over to Woodstock, as they have live music tonight.. Stayed til about 11;30. Late night, time to turn in. Jorgy stayed. Full full day.

Just a random pic.

User Info Menu

As a retired wastewater operator I am always on the lookout for the guys servicing the pump stations and talk to them. Here is a 10 year old post about the sewer plant in Negril.
    https://negril.com/forum/showthread....ment-in-Negril
    Regards,
    Bob

User Info Menu

rjonsun,
    Very interesting thread from 10 years ago and some very interesting photos. You mentioned somewhere in the narrative about workers reporting rather large fish contained in the pans. Do you have any idea what species of fish they might be out of curiosity ?? Snook?? Tarpon?? Thanks

User Info Menu

Friday morning... Slept in til 8:00. Kinda stiff and sore Went for a beach walk/jog. Ran into Skip. He didn't know nuttin' . Went for a swim. It's real hot mon' . Jorgy agrees. Late morning by now, I go to Coletta's. Not too hungry for some reason. I ordered just the Cornmeal porridge. It was real good. Walked out on the sidewalk. Blistering hot. It's only noon. Got back to room. Went to bed. Didn't leave the room for the next 30 some hours. Uh oh.....

User Info Menu

Rock,

You okay?

VVHT aka Happy

User Info Menu

Saturday, Still in bed. Could of been the heat? Very weak. Jorgy kept checking in on me. He recommended a massage with Rosie here at WB. Booked a massage for later. Was able to have a cup of pumpkin soup. Nothin' else. Massage was nice and relaxing. Back to bed. Jorgy's friends Nevlin, Paul & Ikon came over . Sure is a long stretch of being in bed. No energy. Good night. Tomorrow is the reggae marathon. We'll see.

User Info Menu

4:00 a.m. Sunday morning. Time for the reggae marathon!! Not for me. Still way too weak. It is what it is. Jorgy left at 4:00. I walked out to the road at 6:30, as the Bob Marley music was REALLY loud comin' from the vehicle across da road.. I watched the participants for a while, and went back to bed. Maybe try some French Toast for breakfast. Jorgy made it back to the room, he was kinda disappointed, as he said it was hard. Different than running in Minneapolis. He finished the 10K,just longer than what he thought.He got a medal & all the fame & fortune and fans!!! About noon, I started feeling better, and a little later, went for a walk. Vinnie's has music today. should try to go as today is our last day. Jorgy's fans are all here to help him celebrate his running in the marathon. There's Clive n Judith, Mickey, Prince, Shelly, Ikon, Paul, Nevlin. They are all going up to Vinnie's for the music, and to eat. I was feeling pretty damn good, so I decided to walk up to Vinnie's. Almost feelin' like a brand new man! Chicago Joe, Michelle, Isax and Clarkie are kicking out the jams! Nice crowd. This is a great venue. Lots of room, the view, the food, the great staff. I had the jerk chicken. Got a ride back to Whistling bird. Chill awhile, we fly out in the morning. Seen the last sunset. Said goodbyes. Leave at 6:00 a.m. with Roundy Taxi service. We did the Club Mobay. Good food. Just hang. Onto the plane, off to Charlotte. NC, then to Mpls. St. Paul. No snowstorms!!! Jorgy and I pulled it off. Nice trip, considering. One love. Thanks for reading.

Isax.

User Info Menu

Sucks that you missed the marathon and were under the weather your last couple days. On the bright side... I'd rather be sick in Negril than anywhere else.