Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trip Report????

User Info Menu

Trip Report????

Whaagwaan....Would you be interested in reading my trip report? Respect.

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report????

Yes please!!!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollfarmer View Post
    Whaagwaan....Would you be interested in reading my trip report? Respect.
    No need to ask man, post away to your heart's content!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Wow, what a tease

User Info Menu

It's been a while since I've done a trip report....so here it goes. I'll just write in segments, as to keep you all sitting on the edge of your seats, anticipating the next segment. {insert "Smiley" face} This reach is mine {our} 23rd Negril trip. Been tinking about trying the reggae marathon for a couple years, and decided to look into it. Also, my high school classmate from 1979 {Clinton, Mn}, Jorgy had been tinking about it as well. Well, we asked our dear wives if this would be possible for the two of us to go to Negril together, with the goal of doing the reggae marathon. Jorgy and I have known each each other for 50 years. He has been to Negril close to 40 times??? Proposed to his wife there. Let's go to Negril. I am going down early alone, with Jorgy joining me later. Drove to Minneapolis {4 hours] Friday Nov. 24. Stayed at Jorgy's place in Golden Valley. He took me to the MSP airport in the morning for the Delta 8:55 Sat. flight non-stop to MBJ.. Evryting went well. 20 degrees in Mpls. No snow, or any de-icing of the de plane. Flight arrives a half hour early in Mobay. Yeah!! Airport very busy. Lines of folks coming in on both sides. Got a ride to Negril with Rambo. Good guy. Destination Whistling Bird resort on de beach. {The soup and porridge place} Great location. Great timing, as I made it to the beach before sunset. Started running into some of the amazing staff at Whistling Bird. Kevin, Aaron, Renika, Barbara, Shorty, Wayne, Ryan, Milton. Dale, Chef Brown, Miss G. Wayne, Radcliff, Garwood, Sherrie, Natalie, Chin. {We've stayed here before}. The fellas are busy building a new cabin on the property, and they are on a mission to complete the cabin quickly, as new guests arrive...soon come mon'. It is Saturday, and that means Jungle night club night. Boom boom boom music time. WB is directly across from The Jungle. Staying in, hopefully get some needed sleep. Sunday Nov. 26: Up early at sunrise. Can always tell when sunrise, soon come, when the traffic starts on the beach road, especially the big trucks, with the jake brakes and what not. Didn't get much sleep, as I swear the music at The Jungle went til about 3:30?? Went for a swim right away, talked with Damian in the water from Woodstock, as he likes to exercise in front of WB. Nice swim, dried off with a cup of coffee on de beach. Skip and Ernie are here, they are a staple down here, as the beach walkers, beer drinkers, and as the locals call them "Tall one. short one". My next door neighbors, who came down on the same flight, are from Minnesota as well. A nice couple, been to Negril before, and are quite familiar wit evryting. They have a scooter here to get around. Must be nice to them , for if I need a quick ride somewhere. {it's good to know people right??} Time for breakfast here at WB. Chef Kevin, nice young man, made me a fantastic callaloo, cheese omelette, with hash browns and bacon plus toast. Must eat callaloo often, it does a body good!!! Need to get advance tickets for Luciano concert at Blue Skies resort. Jorgy will be arriving that night {Tuesday}. Got the tickets and the grand tour of Blue Skies. Very new everything. Nice and clean. I bought a ticket for Chef Kevin, as he had not seen Luciano before. This will be my 4th time. Kevin really hoped to get his picture with Luciano. It's till Sunday, alot of Jamaicans take the day off, so some places not open. Drifter's has music today. Talked with Kenroy , as he's playing guitar today. He's a great guy. Said Hi to Mama Monica, back in the kitchen. It is her birthday today, Gave her a pair of homemade Minnesota shell earrings. She loved them. Had a nice chat with a fella named "Biblical" he makes all those handbags on the back wall at Drifters. Plus, hung with Raymond {Luddy's right hand man} Didn't stick around at Drifter's very long, Crystal wasn't there. She's so good!!! Went over to a shop at Times square for a couple things. Adrian at shop#10 wasn't there. Ran into Skip. Ernie wasn't on the island as of yet. Went for another swim. Then time for a bite to eat. It is getting late. Colletta's and Miss Sonia's seem like the only places open. Colletta's was busy, so I opted for a vegetable patti at Miss Sonia's. Had it back in the room. Excellent. Did I mention that there is no TV here in our room at WB? {or hot water lol}. Perfect!!! For real mon'. It's not ice cold, you just get used to it. Refreshing! Time for bed. Hope to get some needed sleep. Tomorrrow's another day mon'. Oh, and by the way, I have been walking and jogging, in training for the reggae marathon remember? Good night.

User Info Menu

Excellent start! Thank you for sharing!

User Info Menu

Enjoying your trip report! Thanks for sharing!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Happy Monday, ya'll...The reggae marathon is Sunday Dec. 3. Before coming to Negril, I had been working out back on the frozen tundra of western Minnesota. The Buffalo ridge area. I can see South Dakota from my house. Well, didn't get good sleep again, {so I think?? Ever wonder?} Up at sunrise, out the door for a long walk/jog down to CSA. Came back, had a nice swim. Swimming is really good exercise, but ya just gotta DO IT!! Time for breakfast. Another Callaloo/cheese omelette is in order, made exclusively by Chef Kevin. New chef starting today, a rasta fella named Dale. Nice guy. After breakfast, decided to go to the grocery store by Tree House. The Hi-Lo. Kinda cool to look at all the different stuff. Ran into George Henry a.k.a. "Pinky Dread". Such a good singer, Our favorite. On the way back, stopped at Rayon Hotel to say hi to Pansy. She wasn't there. Then stopped at White Sands to confirm our reservation for February. It's getting really hot dis morn'. Have you ever thought about the White Sands hotel "front desk"??? The front desk is ALL THE WAY to the BACK of the property!!. It's a long walk, especially when it's hot out. It is what it is. Maybe overtink tings mon' ? Got the reservation confirmed with Michelle, she's a cousin to Garwood at WB. Kept walking down to Times Square to see Adrian at Shop #10. Changed some money. Real hot mon' Hung out on the beach at WB. A large family from Wisconsin are here, and are leaving the next day. Fun to watch them play beach volleyball. This 63 year old Minnesota farmer opted out of playing, but I turned into the un-biased totally fair referee. Getting to really like the cold showers back in the room. This cottage we have is called Tody. Or simply "Family House". There are 3 bedrooms, 4 beds, 2 full bathrooms. {one with a au natural shower outside}. Wait til the wife finds out about this??? Full refrigerator. full kitchen wares, hot plate, blender. etc. Could live here. Going to the Boat Bar for afternoon live music. Crystal, Tish Brown and Otis are scheduled. to perform. Frank will probably be there. Nice crowd. Raymond from Drifter's was there. Hung out with him, and bought him a couple rum cokes. We had a lot of fun! Skip and Ernie showed up. They seem to boost the party atmosphere for a bit. Crystal was just on fire! Just nailing all those Tina Turner songs! Everybody was dancing. The boss Angie was really having alot of fun dancing. Then Otis melts all the women's hearts with his love songs. Frank was there. Time to venture back, said goodbye to Raymond. Time to eat as well. Coletta's it is. I really like to have at least one Tuna sandwich, when in Negril, so, I ordered up the sandwich with French Fries. {They take longer}, but so worth it! With Grace ketchup! The Minnesota Vikings are playing The Chicago Bears tonight for Monday Night Football. The Vikings lost, didn't watch it anyway. Time for bed. Nice long day. I must learn how to post pictures here. Golly, so much to learn. Good night. Tuesday...soon come.

User Info Menu

We always enjoy the Boat Bar! So much fun! Yeah you got to throw some photos up!