Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: White Sands vs. Country Country

User Info Menu

White Sands vs. Country Country

When we stay at White Sands each year we always book for the next year. We always get the one bedroom apartment. (there are 4 of them at WS). Last week when we were checking out they told us there were no One bedroom apartments available for the first 2 weeks of December 2024! Gasp! They didn't even have any kitchenette rooms available. Oh my!

So....we have booked at Country Country for next December. We booked a premium room with a kitchenette. Since CC comes with breakfast we didn't feel we needed a full kitchen. I've heard good things about CC, so I hope it's good.

Over the past 31 years we have stayed at 11 different resorts in Jamaica, but the past few years WS has been our main resort. Here's to new adventures at a new resort! Cheers!
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

Re: White Sands vs. Country Country

I feel your pain. White Sands 1 bedroom apartment is the best value on the beach. Country Country has a bigger beach and a great breakfast included. You will be just fine!

User Info Menu

Fargoman knows mon'.... We stayed at Country Country a few years ago. The breakfasts were amazing. Really nice staff. Enjoy. The Hi-lo is right across the street.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gregandkelly63 View Post
    When we stay at White Sands each year we always book for the next year. We always get the one bedroom apartment. (there are 4 of them at WS). Last week when we were checking out they told us there were no One bedroom apartments available for the first 2 weeks of December 2024! Gasp! They didn't even have any kitchenette rooms available. Oh my!

So....we have booked at Country Country for next December. We booked a premium room with a kitchenette. Since CC comes with breakfast we didn't feel we needed a full kitchen. I've heard good things about CC, so I hope it's good.

Over the past 31 years we have stayed at 11 different resorts in Jamaica, but the past few years WS has been our main resort. Here's to new adventures at a new resort! Cheers!
    Sorry to hear that, I know in the past that was how we always booked for the following year. (at the request of management!) It was also a guarantee of getting the Same room and made repeat guest feel like they were coming home!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gregandkelly63 View Post

You'll probably be quite pleased. Most would consider Country Country an upgrade from White Sands.

User Info Menu

We have stayed at country country a dozen times with about 1/2 of the trips before their expansion. I never knew CC had kitchenettes.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Homebrewer View Post
    We have stayed at country country a dozen times with about 1/2 of the trips before their expansion. I never knew CC had kitchenettes.
    Yes, my wife pointed out my mistake in my original post. You are correct.
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*